Oil Back Ordered

/ Oil Back Ordered #31  
I wonder why the huge discrepancy from one state/region to another. My state seems to have the lowest prices in the northeast, but we're still paying ~$1 more than you. Didn't use to be that way, I really doubt fuel taxes account for this. Oil companies jerking us around? I know, perish the thought. :mad:
This might help. Not sure if it explains it all, but it may.

/ Oil Back Ordered #32  
I just happened to be in TSC and checked
the oil and seen the 4 jugs sitting on the shelf
I ordered 4 jugs but they didn't call me so I
was lucky enough to get the 4 jugs.2.5 gal T6.
4.6 qts oil for my tractor so have plenty for a
few years. Only have aproxx 70 gal diesel
but truck is full and that's 36 gal so maybe
have enough to cover the storm!

willy

/ Oil Back Ordered #33  
I just tried to place an order with MSC Industrial supply for Vactra #2 way lube that I've been using for over 40 years. For the first time in those 40 years it's on backorder. They say they have outstanding orders for over 2000 individual gallons. It's available elsewhere but for a premium. Luckily I have enough to last the 4-6 weeks they say it will take to be delivered.
I've bought it from Zoro a couple times, 5 gallon buckets, the most cost-effective source I found. Just now checked, and yes they're out of stock there too.

/ Oil Back Ordered #34  
   / Oil Back Ordered #35  
I was under the impression that this was true for all inventory at TSC, not just oil/grease. They have the best prices in town on cat litter, but their house brand is frequently out of stock. Asked an employee once when they were getting more in and his response was something to the effect that we get what they send us, when they send it.

Changed the hydraulic oil in my tractor a couple months ago, TSC only had one 5 gal. pail of it, and didn't know when they'd be getting more. Ended up getting the rest from walmart.com...ordered on a Friday, got it Sunday!
That is true for everything at TSC.

/ Oil Back Ordered #37  
I paid $23.95 for 2.5 gal T6 now its $64.99
fot the 2.5 gal T6. IMHO $40 is a big increase

willy

/ Oil Back Ordered #38  
Joe does a good analysis on oil and gas worldwide. If gas/diesel can get down and stay just under $3/$4 I think the impact of a world wide recession will be doable in western nations.

/ Oil Back Ordered #39  
Joe does a good analysis on oil and gas worldwide. If gas/diesel can get down and stay just under $3/$4 I think the impact of a world wide recession will be doable in western nations.

You need to stick to 4 wheel toasters....lol Also obvious to me is... You don't farm.

Last edited:
   / Oil Back Ordered #40  
I paid $23.95 for 2.5 gal T6 now its $64.99
fot the 2.5 gal T6. IMHO $40 is a big increase

willy
Kind of avoided getting bit by that bullet. I buy my Rotella Lube oil in 55 gallon drums from my jobber (get my grease in quantity as well) and I have about 1/4 of a 55 left yet. Nice thing about the 55's is, I put the used oil in the empty drum and when I have them deliver a full one, they take the old drum and used oil with them and I don't pay for that. I presume they recycle the oil somehow, never asked. All my engines live on 5-40 Rotella T6, cars, trucks, tractors, lawn mowers, anything with an IC engine.