Oil Filter, Oil TC45D

/ Oil Filter, Oil TC45D #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Have you seen the ridiculously small filter NH now puts on these machines? I have a 40D and the replacement was even smaller than the original. )</font>

I got a new filter this week from NH and was thinking the same thing! In the two years I have owned my NH, this is the 3rd different filter NH now sells. The parts manager tried to tell me it would fit in better between the engine block and loader frame, but it was just as tall. The new diameter is about half of the filter I replaced.

Mark

/ Oil Filter, Oil TC45D #12  
Bringing this one back from the dead
I just logged into Messicks and it’s $29 for a new filter… last time I bought oil filters they were $18.

Found this thread while looking for cross reference oil filter part numbers.

Switching to mobil 1 extended life filter for sure.. at $13 I piece I can almost buy 3 compared to 1 New Holland filter…. Yes please.

Im guessing it’s a better filter too, always ran these in my truck. Going to stop by the auto parts store and pick up a m1-204a or m1-102a, both seem to cross reference, I’m guessing one is taller than the other…

Last edited:
   / Oil Filter, Oil TC45D #13  
Bringing this one back from the dead
I just logged into Messicks and it’s $29 for a new filter… last time I bought oil filters they were $18.

Found this thread while looking for cross reference oil filter part numbers.

Switching to mobil 1 extended life filter for sure.. at $13 I piece I can almost buy 3 compared to 1 New Holland filter…. Yes please.

Im guessing it’s a better filter too, always ran these in my truck. Going to stop by the auto parts store and pick up a m1-204a or m1-102a, both seem to cross reference, I’m guessing one is taller than the other…
I get my TC40D filters from NAPA. They look up the cross reference no problem.

/ Oil Filter, Oil TC45D #14  
I am looking for optimal maintenance procedures for a NH TC-45D. It has 275 hours already. I have the both the NH Oil Filter for $8.99 and the Walmart ST16/Fram PH16 cross reference for $2.04. I am using Delvac 1 (Mobil 5W-40W synthetic) and plan on 50 or 75 hour oil changes. Anyone have any thoughts on maintenance routines. I am a former Mech commander used to owning the maintenance on a battalion of M2/M3 Bradley diesels, and M1 Abrams turbines and the wife is a former Army helicopter attack pilot/maintainer so we are a bit strict about OCI's and maintenance procedures.
My thoughts are that fluid and filter specifics are SWAGS anyway and that oil doesn’t need to be changed unless it needs to be changed. Back in the day, you checked the oil, you felt it between your thumb and forefinger, you smelled it, you knew if it needed to be changed. I don’t think oil brand/type makes any difference at all as long as it meets the engine spec. I buy what’s cheap. Equipment is worn out by abuse much more than by how expensive or cheap the engine oil is.

/ Oil Filter, Oil TC45D #15  
   / Oil Filter, Oil TC45D #16  
My thoughts are that fluid and filter specifics are SWAGS anyway and that oil doesn’t need to be changed unless it needs to be changed. Back in the day, you checked the oil, you felt it between your thumb and forefinger, you smelled it, you knew if it needed to be changed. I don’t think oil brand/type makes any difference at all as long as it meets the engine spec. I buy what’s cheap. Equipment is worn out by abuse much more than by how expensive or cheap the engine oil is.
It kind of depends. I never approach the hour interval on my TC40D. I change yearly per the book.

Diesel gets too much particulate and acidic buildup in the oil. I don't like exceeding a year, especially because the tractor may sit for weeks. Sitting with that gunk in the oil is not good.

/ Oil Filter, Oil TC45D #17  
Yeah I found the FIL 1348 from Napa which is cross referencing to Mobil M1-102.

But if I cross reference the fram ph16 listed in post one of this thread, I get Mobil M1-204.

Running a Mobil m1-102a oil filter now
$11.99 from the amazonians
$15.99 from O’Reillys/Autozone

Nobody had the m1-204a in stock for comparison

Going to order 3 from Amazon and call it a day, $36 vs almost $90 for the CNH filters