Oil FILTER TESTS

/ Oil FILTER TESTS #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What got my attention most was the lack of pressure drop with the Fram filter. There was some difference from brand to brand but most were pretty close to the other except Fram. The Fram they tested seemed to have very little resistance so far as filter media.

I use Amsoil oil filters. Have several Hastings for Hydraulics and the rest NAPA Gold. )</font>

Here's a possibility, no pressure drop may mean their cheap bypass valve released right away. I put a Mobil 1 filter in my old IH. The pressure was high for about two days then you could tell that it bypassed. A filter's not a filter if the bypass is open.

To the guy above that said that opening them proves nothing, it does show how well they're made. If the filter bypasses right away, separates, collapses, or has cording that cuts the media, it's a useless appendage. I'll stick with the Pure1 filter from Mobile and the Baldwins on my Duramax.

/ Oil FILTER TESTS #12  
Me and another gut put together a oil filter study with about 20 different filters and several brands. I did testing on the filters to determine the pore size and estimated flow.

The web site is: Oilf filter study

The link to the oil filter study spread sheet is:
Oilf filter study spreadsheet

/ Oil FILTER TESTS #13  
Nice work!
I drive a Toyota, and have been using toyota filters. Do you know who makes the Toyota filters?

Thanks,
Moon of Ohio

/ Oil FILTER TESTS
Thanks for posting this Schultz. Looks like I got some reading to do.

And I agree. A very nice job too.