OK...let's see those pyles!!

/ OK...let's see those pyles!! #31  
I posted pics of the new wood shed I finished building a few weeks ago. Someone asked me what I was gonna put in it. ?? I'd post a pic of the wood in that new wood shed but then I'd just get asked what I'm gonna do with the wood. :)7

/ OK...let's see those pyles!! #32  
mossman,

Does the vertical pole prevent the pile from toppling?
I find it hard to believe it would topple over... :)

/ OK...let's see those pyles!! #33  
mossman,

the pole is used as a measuring device. Pile gets lower as the wood dries. This method works for some people others say there is little to no difference in drying time plus the pile can make you crazy to build it.

/ OK...let's see those pyles!! #34  
Well this is my pile & stacks from a couple years ago...

Need to take pics of this years pile which is getting larger by most saturday splitting sessions, due to several friends having trees felled or wanting trees removed... I'm getting ready to retire and can see myself being more busy and working harder than I ever thought?? :confused2:

Attachments

• pavilion ties (600 x 450).jpg
    pavilion ties (600 x 450).jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 95
  • pavstar.JPG
    pavstar.JPG
    432.8 KB · Views: 83
   / OK...let's see those pyles!! #35  
mossman,

I don't know. I imagine it might. I just like it because it helps me visually keep the pile straight. Also, as it gets taller I just toss wood at the center. It builds up around the pole. When it gets near the edge course, I add a couple more edge courses and start tossing in the middle again. Mostly, I think, the pole is there to tell you how high you are and how much it has shrank while drying.

/ OK...let's see those pyles!! #37  
I don't think you should talk about piles with old people:eek::eek::eek: