OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor?

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor?
Re: OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor?

You should have taken a video of it so next time you can do it yourself without all the aggravation and grief.

There was enough aggravation to burn it into my memory forever. LOL

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor?
Re: OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor?

Hey Dick.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell your wife you HAVE TO buy another tractor since it is too hard to remember how to put the hoe back on the one you have..... [ well, worth a try :) ]

She gave me enough grief when I bought this one. Don't think I'll go there!

Then he better watch out if she starts digging one deep hole with the one he has. :D

She doesn't know how to use the backhoe and I ain't gonna show her. I'm not that dumb.

Yep, so simple a child can do it.

Don't rub it in!

You sound like a very honest and good guy!
I'm usually right 93% of the time, I don't worry about the other 8%.

One thing I will say, and I did lots of work today with mine is everyone please be careful! I knew of two people who flipped a tractor when I was a kid. Then about 30 years ago I saw a plumber in a hurry dig a long ditch with just a 7ft backhoe...no wall support...his brother jumps in ditch and was buried alive.
Yesterday I had a checkup with my doctor, he said when he was 10 he heard a guy yelling, he ran there and tractor flipped onto a farmer...he watched him die.
Better safe than sorry. I just cut a couple acres with a cub cadet zero turn on areas I wouldn't dream of Bush hogging.
I don't mean to be upsetting...just be careful!

The first person I saw die died that way. The city was putting in a sewer line and the ditch caved in on him. I was a kid and got to know the guy who died that operated the backhoe. I'll never forget him and how he looked when they dug him out.

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor? #86  

LOL it was funnier the way it was and I thought clever too.
Yeah im just playing. Can't make a sarcastic face or voice on the internet.

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor? #87  

Raise the stabilizers to lower the BH onto the hooks not the BOOM or bucket. Once on the hooks now boom down to line up pins. :thumbsup:

That is exactly how I do it, quick and easy everytime.

Just so everyone knows the backhoe is on now and I know what the problem was. The problem was the dolly was a bit too high which prevented the pins from dropping down far enough to engage the hooks. When I tried to rotate the pins down using the boom the guides around the upper pin bosses would just lift and shove the hoe back so the pins could never engage. The fix for the dolly is to either lower the dolly or to lay down some boards or something to back the tractor up on to and lift it the little bit required for the dolly to work. I think I'll lift the tractor as it will be easier than messing with the dolly anymore. Right now I've got some holes to dig for this ongoing deck project. Got to bury some large concrete footings I dug up to make way for the new foundation trench.

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor? #89  

Glad it worked out for you dickfoster. Happy digging.

/ OK so what's the drill? How do I get this @#$*&^+ back hoe back on the tractor? #90  

Just so everyone knows the backhoe is on now and I know what the problem was. The problem was the dolly was a bit too high which prevented the pins from dropping down far enough to engage the hooks..

That is what I figured but I wanted you to have the satisfaction of finding it out for yourself, I did not want to spoil it. :liar: