OK to wash the engine

/ OK to wash the engine #11  
I like to use a 50/50 mix of kerosene and Westly's Whitewall Cleaner. It leaves the belts and hoses looking new as well.

Bruce

/ OK to wash the engine #12  
I went to the website and it is recommeded for ATV,Cars,engines, lawn equipment. It does say that if you have sensitive skin to wear gloves.

/ OK to wash the engine #14  
I have to admit, I used a small pressure sprayer. Not the 'take paint off the house' power but a cheap karcher. And I didn't get too close either.

Is this a no-no?

/ OK to wash the engine #15  
I'd be careful using Greased Lightning.

GL is a caustic solution (think mild Lye) rather than an acid. When I first discovered the stuff I thought it was the cat's-meow for cleaning aluminium and stainless steel.

I was using it to clean Florida grit and road grime off our bicycles. Did a fabulous job. Then after a year or so, probably 20 cleanings, I had to replace the tires. The sidewalls were nice and clean but the GL was attacking the tire carcass, the sidewalls were stiff & cracking and the cording was coming through.

I don't know for certain that GL would effect the wire insulation or the fuel hoses on our Yanmar the same way but I'll stick to mild soap & water.

cvt

/ OK to wash the engine #16  
I agree with the car wash idea, but one warning (don't ask me how I know) be sure to take the tractor key out of the ignition and put it in your pocket before you start washing so the spray doesn't accidentally knock it out of the ign switch and into the drain grate where you will never be able to find it again and the owner of the car wash will not come and let you remove the grate to fish around with a magnet (which probably won't work anyway since the key is most probably brass) and you'll have to start the tractor with a screwdriver and then buy a new switch when you can't find a local source for the key and.....................................uh..........ok......................