OK, What are these things? Hydraulic PTO Tractor Gearbox.

/ OK, What are these things? Hydraulic PTO Tractor Gearbox. #21  
Ok I totally forgot to mention that part. I'll give you an example on how those units are use over here.

It's pretty common here to use 3 point mounted log splitters that are powered of the PTO with these units. The gearbox is mounted on the log splitter with the proper hydraulic pump and the it's connected to the tractor via a PTO shaft.

Here you can see the unit on the top of the log splitter.

View attachment 572483

And this is a bigger one, where they kinda hide the unit on the log splitter.

Yeah it must be reverse rotation. I can't see the space there for an idle gear. So this mean you would have to take that in account when buying the pump.

View attachment 572484

This is just an example. There are inumerous ways to use these things.
it would be same rotation if driven from the front side as shown. if driven from the same side as the output shaft, THEN it would be reverse rotation!.. as shown, with the female spline being the input, it's a 1:3 speed reducer.. if you drive the male spline, it would then be a speed increaser 3:1..

/ OK, What are these things? Hydraulic PTO Tractor Gearbox. #22  
The female spline is the output, not the input. The input is obviously the 6 spline male shaft. So it increases the RPM to the hydraulic pump which is the main use of this thing.

/ OK, What are these things? Hydraulic PTO Tractor Gearbox. #23  
That makes more sense, how they had the type 1 shaft stub listed as the output was throwing me off. That's a pretty decent price for that gearbox.

/ OK, What are these things? Hydraulic PTO Tractor Gearbox. #24  
The female spline is the output, not the input. The input is obviously the 6 spline male shaft. So it increases the RPM to the hydraulic pump which is the main use of this thing.
then the website that is selling this made a mistake, it's a 3:1 speed increaser then!.. they then have it erroneously marked it as a 1:3 which is a speed reducer!..

/ OK, What are these things? Hydraulic PTO Tractor Gearbox. #25  
Im thinking those are pto driven hyd pumps for applications where the reservoir is mounted on the implement (such as a French plow). You would just have 2 hoses from pump to implement.