OK, you geniuses

/ OK, you geniuses #1  

Mike_Dumond

Gold Member
Tractor
B6100D Kubota
I think we've all heard of Mensa, the club of super intelligent dudes who tend to look down on us meer mortals. Well, I asked this question to 3 Mensa members who I know, and they all got it wrong. To really rub it in a bit, I didn't give them the answer.

So now, I present to you the same question. Get your calculators out, sharpen up them pencils and get ready to do some cyphering. If you do get the right answer, you are elligible to join DENSA, the club for the rest of us. No dues, no rules, no benefits, no meetings and if you want a hat, you got to make your own. Any questions??? Good, here's the problem:

You want to make a driveway 100 feet long and 30 feet wide, using 3in by 6in paving bricks. The driveway is a perfect rectangle, no curves and no sidewalk. You want to leave 1/4in between the bricks. How many bricks does it take to finish the job?????

/ OK, you geniuses #2  
I expect that the answer will vary, depending on which direction you lay the brick. But it is safe to say. More than 1.

/ OK, you geniuses #3  
Hey, thats like my answer.... Alot of them!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ OK, you geniuses #4  
I KNOW! I KNOW!

5 more that the brick yard had.

/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ OK, you geniuses #5  
Who would want a 30' wide driveway anyhow? 24,000 is the straight up math assuming your 3x6 bricks are actually 2-7/8" x 5-7/8" each. But hey, where I buy brick they always make me buy more than I request ... Good thing too.... /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ OK, you geniuses
Nope, nope and nope. There is a clue in this answer, believe it or not. I'll post the answer this afternoon sometime.

and nope. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ OK, you geniuses #7  
It sure is kind of early in the morning for me but like Mark says, depends on which way that you lay them. Not much though, only about two bricks. So we will go with the highest amount. I figure that it will take 21,268 bricks. Am I any where close?

/ OK, you geniuses #8  
I told you that it was kind of early in the morning for me. After I reread the question, I slapped myself really hard. IT ONLY TAKES ONE BRICK TO FINISH THE JOB..... DUHHHHH

/ OK, you geniuses #9  
It takes one (1) brick to FINISH the job. Lots more before that last one! Very sly wording there...

/ OK, you geniuses #10  
<font color=red>You want to make a driveway 100 feet long and 30 feet wide
<font color=black>If you only want to make it you don't need any.