Oklahoma Snow Removal Tools?

/ Oklahoma Snow Removal Tools? #1  

OkieDave

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3316HST
We just had our worst storm of the season here in central Oklahoma. I woke up to find my driveway buried under almost a full inch of snow. Is the FEL bucket enough, or do I need to get a blower? :laughing:

(But seriously--it's kind of frustrating. A year ago, I got my truck stuck in a five-foot-deep snowdrift, three months before I bought my tractor. This year? Nothing to play with at all. :( )

/ Oklahoma Snow Removal Tools? #2  
Hello Dave,

yes it is frustrating as ground in New York alternates between frozen
and mud every day almost and we have had little cold weather.

/ Oklahoma Snow Removal Tools? #3  
We just had our worst storm of the season here in central Oklahoma. I woke up to find my driveway buried under almost a full inch of snow.

Don't panic! The FEMA helicopters have been launched. Help is on the way to rescue you from your home before the big avalanche begins.:laughing:

/ Oklahoma Snow Removal Tools? #4  
Yes took off my new LA2674 Snow blower and put on my Back Blade but only used that once, and then really didn't need it. As leonz said upstate N.Y. ground frozen a few days then mud for a few, crazy winter and it doesn't look like I'll get to use new blower either.
DevilDog

/ Oklahoma Snow Removal Tools? #5  
As good a place as any to ask this.
Am I the only one who fears the bugs this summer. Not having a long extended freeze I think they will be worse then usual.

Wedge

/ Oklahoma Snow Removal Tools? #7  
brin said:
Wedge - That is how the world will end in 2012...WE will all be consumed by bugs....Bugs everywhere...:laughing:

If the black helos don't get us first.

/ Oklahoma Snow Removal Tools?
As good a place as any to ask this.
Am I the only one who fears the bugs this summer. Not having a long extended freeze I think they will be worse then usual.

Wedge

Personally, I figure the ticks will be thick enough that I'll be able to walk from my front door to the mailbox and back without ever touching the ground.

/ Oklahoma Snow Removal Tools? #9  
Personally, I figure the ticks will be thick enough that I'll be able to walk from my front door to the mailbox and back without ever touching the ground.

free range about 5,000 chickens, that should take care of at least of few of them. :)

/ Oklahoma Snow Removal Tools? #10  
That's one thing I don't have to worry about. Normally the snow cover keeps the frost to a minimum but with the lack of snow this year the frost is pretty think this year. Of course my dump truck load of sand for the driveway is a solid block of frozen dirt that even my backhoe can't cut through leaving me without sand for the rest of the year.