Ol' Blue's back in action!

/ Ol' Blue's back in action! #1  

jdfire

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1620, hydrostatic FWD
I bought Ol' Blue in 1995 when we had a cottage up north, but we moved around a couple times and ended up selling the place in 2002. Since then Blue's been homeless, staying at various friends' houses, sometimes having to brave the elements when no indoor storage was available.:(

Well, this year we acquired a 40 acre parcel about 1 hour north of our home, so it's time to dust her off and go have some fun!:D The main goal for the summer is to get a driveway onto the property and buy Blue a 40' shipping container she can call home for now.

While it's probably hard to top MissouriThunder's excitement level (I told you it was contagious), it does feel a little like Christmas morning! The first photo is Ol' Blue just off the trailer and looking pretty dusty. After a good bath she was reunited with her little sister in the second photo.

After reading this forum for the last year and seeing what everyone does with and to their tractors, I feel like it's time to Pimp My Ride! I am starting by adding rear remotes and a TNT system. The third and fourth photos are showing the valve temporarily mounted to check for positioning. (I will detail the install in the Hydraulics section later). Then the wish list begins ... Work Lights, Toothbar, Grapple for the bucket, etc., etc. While this forum may be free to view, it definitely is expensive!!:D

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the photos (first time posting any so I hope it works), and more importantly I hope you all enjoy the holiday weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_1 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1 (Small).JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_2(Small).JPG
    IMG_2(Small).JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_3 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3 (Small).JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_4 (Small).JPG
    IMG_4 (Small).JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 155
   / Ol' Blue's back in action! #2  
Hey, nice looking tractor and congrats on the propery aquisition. One thing is for sure, you can never have too many goodies to make your jobs easier. Forty acres is alot to take care of, but also alot of fun to take care of. Good luck on your pimp job:D and be careful on that tractor.

Mark

/ Ol' Blue's back in action! #3  
Ol' Blue looks like Ol' New! :D For being a '95 your tractor looks to be in excellent shape despite its frequent change of habitat. :cool:

/ Ol' Blue's back in action!
Thanks JayC. She only has about 260 hours on her, which I hope to increase greatly this summer:D