Old two wheel tractor threads

/ Old two wheel tractor threads #1  

metalbender

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey 1742
Didn't persue the issue past this forum. Any old stuff interest here? Just picked up four in various states of disrepair. One Sears Roebuck/David bradley, a Simplicity that looks complete, with a 12 inch tiller, One that looks similar to the Simplicity, but no transmission, and an obscure German made, very low and heavy model with a Hirth two stroke. Have pics on my phone, will post in a bit.

/ Old two wheel tractor threads #2  
I always liked the old Gravely 2 wheel tractors. Good solid machines but sometimes a handful to operate.

/ Old two wheel tractor threads
Too old and arthritic to really operate one now, just want to build a sulky for trucking around

/ Old two wheel tractor threads #4  
Old? How about low cost?? I paid $250 each for these two,,,

5665Plow_zps2bef7049.jpg

BUT,, that was a LOT of cleaning, paint, and tires ago!!

/ Old two wheel tractor threads #5  
Old? How about low cost?? I paid $250 each for these two,,,

5665Plow_zps2bef7049.jpg

BUT,, that was a LOT of cleaning, paint, and tires ago!!

I bought one new, just like the one in your picture, with the "steering brake", but mine has dual wheels.
I don't have that rotary plow, but do have the 30" mower deck, with a 9lb. brush blade.
I haven't used mine in more than 15 years. It only has about 60 hours.
Mine has original paint, and looks like new.
Thought about selling it, but one of my sons wants me to save it.....so I will.

Last edited:
Couple of pics of my treasures 2BA18C6B-1444-4670-8423-4CA610BA5550.jpegC785F57D-5F3E-4FB8-B379-6C2F21456D7F.jpeg

The Sears DB has a serial# 238 The early Simplicity has a Wisconsin ABN engine. Doesn't look original by the way the engine is mounted. The abn also has an aluminum v belt/ flat belt sheave.