Old ww grinder

/ Old ww grinder #1  

homebrew1

I have a beast of a chipper shredder -- It's a WW grinder model 66-GC I believe. It was made in the 60s or 70s. I'm trying to find a source for parts and haven't been able to lately. I've bought several of these about 25 years ago from local farmers but haven't been able to find any for a long time. I believe most of these have been trashed or thrown in a gulley a long time ago.

I'm looking for a set of shredder plates and a parts list for the bearing numbers/specifications so I can buy new ones when needed. Mine have worn down so much that they're fairly ineffective now. The machine shops around here declined to give me a bid on them since it was such a small one-off job. I'd also like to find a parts list or a source for the chipper bar bearings. I'm afraid that mine has long seen better days.

I really like this beast it will take a large/bulky amount of tomato vines at once. I really don't have to bother ripping the vines apart to make them smaller before shredding them.

While I'm here I'd also like to ask for garden shredder recommendations that might replace this. I'm llooking for one with a fairly large (huge) intake feed that has a lot of power to quickly shred garden stuff at the end of the year.
Thansk!

/ Old ww grinder #3  
Depending on how busy the shop is, and how hungry the workers are...I took donuts and pizza to my local shop after one of the employees agreed to do a small "one off" part for me on his lunch time. I paid him what he asked and then took donuts twice and pizza at lunch two other days. After that, I didn't have any issues getting small jobs done, especially if I timed it according to when house payments were due, when someone added a new set of wheels to their car, etc. I even put another friend who was selling a few of his guns up to dropping by their with them before he went to the pawn shop, to give them a chance to buy a few. Then when they wanted them, but didn't have the money, I offered to fund the gun venture if they would make one of my parts for me. You have to get creative when people don't want to work!
David from jax

/ Old ww grinder #4  
I have a circa 1986 Kemp Rancher, fixed tooth chipper shredder. It took a while, but the industrial arts department of a local high school rebuilt the drum one year and remade a section of 3/4" holed screen another year for the cost of materials.