Older CUT tractors.What to buy?

/ Older CUT tractors.What to buy? #31  
I looked at tractors around here and even the used foreign units are $5000 with out implements. :confused: Farm tractors I used were a Massey Ferguson and a Ford 8N.I can't find a used one under $7000.I almost bought a junker 8N for $1500, to rebuild over winter,but I didn't feel to confident in finding parts locally.

The hardest part is just being patient until the right one comes along. It took me a year and a half to find the 1980 JD 2240 I just bought last month. It can be hard to stay patient when everything you see that will meet your needs is in the 10-25K range. There were times that I thought I'ld never be able to afford to buy a tractor, but I finally found one.

I spent $7500, but it was 50 HP PTO; 4 wheel drive w/FEL; had 3 impliments; and came with 2K worth of extra rubber.

Be patient and be diligent. It WILL come!

P.S.: Keep an eye on Craig's list.

/ Older CUT tractors.What to buy?
Good news on two fronts.My friend is talking to me about working out of his garage.He does air cooled VW repair,I used to,and he has gotten in bad physical shape.So he wants me to take over the stuff that's hard on his back and shoulders.Plus I can still do my job of finding and parting donor cars for peoples projects out of his shop.This will reduce the need for lifting with a tractor at home.So this means I can get a sub compact tractor like a Wheel Horse or Gravely.I figure,if I stay on top of the driveways and dirt road,I can get away with a small tractor.I just can't weight until they look like they have suffered a round of mortar fire.