Getting ready for grass

Andy

/ One large Gulp
IMG_4121.JPG

/ One large Gulp #3  
Nice!

I need one of those for my machine for one day. lol

/ One large Gulp #4  
I have one of those on my list, just have to get the finance lady to approve.

/ One large Gulp #5  
I wish I had bought one when I first bought my acreage. I suffered thru loading trees and bushes on the FEL by hand many times or just shoving the brush along the ground to a pile when a grapple would have been nice. Now that most of my work is complete, with excepting of a storm damaged tree or limb now and then, I just cant justify it. I can use my backhoe with hydraulic thumb to pick up some things. While not as good as a grapple, it has worked for one occasionally.

/ One large Gulp #6  
I wish I had bought one when I first bought my acreage. I suffered thru loading trees and bushes on the FEL by hand many times or just shoving the brush along the ground to a pile when a grapple would have been nice. Now that most of my work is complete, with excepting of a storm damaged tree or limb now and then, I just cant justify it. I can use my backhoe with hydraulic thumb to pick up some things. While not as good as a grapple, it has worked for one occasionally.

That's the problem I have... I only need is on rare occasion.

Right now, I got a pile (about a 100' long by 15' tall) of small branches I've cut down over the years. I want to bring it to the road so the town can get rid of it.

I've got a couple plans...

1. Somehow hogtie ~15' sections with balers twine and drag it up.
2. Make a couple loads on my 20' car trailer by putting it on by hand. (I'd dread that!)
3. Rent a machine with a grapple.
4. Rent a heavy duty diesel wood chipper with a conveyor belt feed system and make wood chip where it's at.

Not sure which I'm going to do... but all I know is that I need to wait for the ground to dry up where the pile is at.....

/ One large Gulp
I went about 35 years and 6 tractors before I got one. I can’t believe I waited. I can move in an hour what would take 2 exhausting weekends. And lots of scrapes

Andy

/ One large Gulp #8  
Time to feed the beast. :thumbsup: