Online Selling Practices - Craigslist etc. Rant!

/ Online Selling Practices - Craigslist etc. Rant! #11  
I sell alot on CL .. I'm very detailed in my listing. What gets me is ... "where are you located" ... I've got the zip in ... the town listed.

/ Online Selling Practices - Craigslist etc. Rant! #12  
Implement in the weeds so you can't see it.

Implement in photo covered with other junk.

Fir trees in one background, palm trees in another, tire tread different. (Photos taken from internet)

No photo at all.

Years worth of dirt and @$#^&%*& on it from barn storage.

Several very closeup photos, no over-all photo.

No size given, especially common on rear blades.

Ran when parked, 17 years ago.

Tires hold air.

Call for price.

Several visible bends, but described as "heavy duty."

"I think I have the missing part somewhere."

/ Online Selling Practices - Craigslist etc. Rant! #13  
When they inquire with "what's your bottom dollar" I assume they learned their haggling skills from reality TV and usually don't respond back.

/ Online Selling Practices - Craigslist etc. Rant! #14  
... if the pallets were hardwood or soft.
Hmm, and what did you want pallets for? Have you been putting them in fields? :laughing:

Okay, so I'm not taking this thread very seriously. :cool:

/ Online Selling Practices - Craigslist etc. Rant! #15  
Fir trees in one background, palm trees in another, tire tread different. (Photos taken from internet)
I had a variation on that theme years ago shopping small local used car lots for a specific car I wanted.
Their price was above blue book but it was a decent car. This was in a bigger town about 30 minutes away. Turns out the one salesman the lot owner had working for him lived just down the street from me. I dealt with him on the phone after visiting in person earlier. I throw him a fair price expecting him to counter. He wouldn't accept the price and never countered. He calls me back about 15 minutes later and said "where did you come up with that price"? I did my homework etc. and went into detail. I made the comment that it's obviously overpriced because it's been sitting on your lot for over 6 months. He disputed that and I countered with "buddy there are leaves on the trees in your photos like it's summer" it was late winter at the time. I think he was at a loss for words. I moved on and found another used car dealer that wanted to deal with me and was pretty honest to the point of showing an area on the door that showed a discrepancy with a paint thickness meter. I still have that car 7 years later.

/ Online Selling Practices - Craigslist etc. Rant!
Hmm, and what did you want pallets for? Have you been putting them in fields? :laughing:

Okay, so I'm not taking this thread very seriously. :cool:

Isn't Everybody??

/ Online Selling Practices - Craigslist etc. Rant! #17  
I was looking on CL and came across a TSC box blade. He said it was only used to level his new lawn. He wanted TSC price for new. And at that time we had a TSC coupon for 20% off. I was tempted to send his a message but I figured why bother. If he asked for 60-70% I might have called.

/ Online Selling Practices - Craigslist etc. Rant!
When they inquire with "what's your bottom dollar" I assume they learned their haggling skills from reality TV and usually don't respond back.

This was not original, read it somewhere, may have been on TBN but I used this on one of those "bottom dollar" negotiators.

The price was well below fair and the ad said the price was firm, I just wanted to get rid of it, they asked if I would take half my asking price. I said no but the price was now doubled, very confused they wanted to know why and I said, "oh sorry I thought we were back in negotiations." Their look was well worth the lost sale.

/ Online Selling Practices - Craigslist etc. Rant! #19  
when I sell something I get as descriptive as possible and price it to sell . I always love when the person wants to negotiate on the phone , with out seeing the item .

/ Online Selling Practices - Craigslist etc. Rant! #20  
Old farmer told me if that was the price I would take I would have put it on the window. I wanted that truck bad,but walked. Twenty years later I still wanted that truck.