oops!!!

/ oops!!! #11  
Glad there wasn't another car following,and I wonder what the driver was thinking when he hit. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

/ oops!!! #12  
Have you been thru the Boston tunnel in the past 3 months since the Big Dig in the area..the over bridges,by pass,lanes etc../w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif one got to be on the toes and ready w/ the brakes and gas. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ oops!!! #13  
The company I work for has the largest truck repair facility in the U.S. The low underpasses in Chicago has provided our trailer repair shop with lots of work over the years.

Gene

/ oops!!! #14  
Never actually drove in Boston though I worked for Boston to Buffalo Express. I was a local driver in Rochester delivering fresh fish (sure stank!!!) I have heard stories of the Boston road system from my wife who works for a company based there.

Jeff

/ oops!!! #15  
had the same thing happen around here about a year or so ago.only this time it cost the lady behind the truck her life. seems the truck and hoe were under the stated height for the bridge .seems they pepaved the road and raised the roadbed and did not post the new clearance. ANOTHER ROYAL SNAFU

/ oops!!! #16  
A friend of mine bought a refrigater and hauled it in his own pick-up to save money. On the way home with it in the back of the pick-up he came upon a low subway bridge. His wife asked "are you sure that is going to clear?" He slammed the brakes on in panic, which caused the refer to smack forward on the box of the pick-up box. Put a nice dent all the way across the door of the new fridge. AND he had plenty of clearence.

/ oops!!! #17  
In Bend Oregon, there is a RR overpass that only has a 9 foot (and an inch or two) clearance. That turkey cost me the top 6 to 10 inches on several pairs of whip antennas (for cbs). Never remembered at least half the time, to pull the whips down and clip them. Lord only knows how many trucks, motorhomes, etc bought a chunk of that RR overpass!

/ oops!!! #18  
I was sitting in the parking lot of Drawbridge Marina in Port Clinton Ohio and got to watch a sail boat dragged out from under the drawbridge. Apprently the guy was impatient and thought he could make it under the bridge without having to wait for it to open. He ended up laying the boat over about 15 degrees when the mast hit, which brought the keel up into the sloping bank at the edge of the river. I don't think he did any damage to the bridge, but I bet it cost him a small fortune in repairs to his boat. Not to mention what it cost to have a salvage boat drag him out in the first place. Is this where the saying "a boat is a hole in the water where you pour money" came from? I guess the saying doesn't account for the intelligence of the owner.

Kevin

/ oops!!! #19  
Yesterday at work a college student was riding his little m/c and took a spill,he wasn't hurt just some road rash and his paper went everwhere.
Riding a m/c on a back street wasn't so smart w/icy sides of the road..yep live an learn.

/ oops!!! #20  
Sometimes those college students don't have a choice! When I was in school, all I had was my motorcycle to get around. And I went to college in Wisconsin. Let's see, the school year usually goes through the winter /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif. Yup, I rode my bike all winter long /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif! There were times when it looked like I had outrggers on I had my legs stretched so far out to each side for balance /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif. But I think the worst part of riding in the winter was coming out of a warm building and sitting down on a cold, hard leather seat /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif. Man, you could really do great doughnuts though /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif!