Order Checklink 3PT Stabilizers

/ Order Checklink 3PT Stabilizers #1  

saxon11

Bronze Member
Tractor
TYM T474
I have new 2022 TYM 474, and dealer did not include check links 3PT hitch stabilizers. Is there a suitable aftermarket pair someone could recommend like this could fit or any other ideas? Below is picture so you can see mine are not there. thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 538

/ Order Checklink 3PT Stabilizers #2  
So, how much side to side movement do you have. Looking at what you have there, I think you have the triangulation with out the links.

/ Order Checklink 3PT Stabilizers
This is what is listed in my manual, and did not come on my tractor:
Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 12.31.21 PM.png

/ Order Checklink 3PT Stabilizers #4  
I would ask the dealer to supply the rest of your tractor. Somebody forgot to install them when they prepped the tractor.

/ Order Checklink 3PT Stabilizers #5  
You have large rectangular piece of what appears to be metal running between your check link attachment points. What does it do? Is it an adjustable check link? To my Engineer brain, you have some other form of restraint already installed. Have you downloaded the parts manual, to see if they have made an upgrade to the system, since the owners manual was published. That is not unheard of.

I’d just hate to think about you removing an adjustable system to replace it with a chain style check link.

Watch this video from Messicks, on the solid sway links for a Kubota:

Then take a look at what you have.

/ Order Checklink 3PT Stabilizers #6  
Is it like this circled object. That is the new style vs old style in manual
Screenshot_20220412-141100_DuckDuckGo.jpg

/ Order Checklink 3PT Stabilizers #7  
Are you sure you don't have pin type stabilizers? See pic above. Please post a picture from the tire side of your 3pt arms. It looks like the silver part in the pic below might be a pin type stabilizer.

1649789171208.png

/ Order Checklink 3PT Stabilizers
Is it like this circled object. That is the new style vs old style in manualView attachment 741506
You are correct! I do have those "new style" stabilizers. When hooked up still sways. I suppose I should adjust them so tight? thank you!

/ Order Checklink 3PT Stabilizers #9  
You are correct! I do have those "new style" stabilizers. When hooked up still sways. I suppose I should adjust them so tight? thank you!
With an implement on the 3-pt, you adjust the right one so you have at least an inch of clearance to the left tire. Then adjust the left so you have an inch of clearance to the right tire. The 3-pt needs a bit of wiggle room, or you will break things.

/ Order Checklink 3PT Stabilizers #10  
Yes, you can tighten them, BUT, as Jigs said above, there has to be SOME play side to side on the implements. I usually try for about an inch of side play.