Ordered a eta wicked tooth bar

/ Ordered a eta wicked tooth bar #1  

spruce Deere

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 790 with loader LS xr3140h also with loader plus a cab
After mulling over different bucket tooth bars for the LS xr3140 fel, I settled on everything attachments 66 inch wicked tooth bar.

They are 3 to 5 weeks out iirc, but I can wait for quality. I live outside of there free shipping area 'Idaho' so I will have a shipping fee.

After looking at different tooth bars, ETA'S wicked tooth bar was the best for my applications. Ability to 'back blade' smoothly, multiple serrated teeth, beveled cutting edge on front of 'teeth' and 1/2 inch one piece construction bar of ar450 steel will handle FAR MORE than a 40hp tractor dishes out... I think something lets would give, not the tooth bar.

Who lets here uses an ETA wicked tooth bar??

/ Ordered a eta wicked tooth bar #2  
Have one on my light duty bucket. Really enables it to dig the clay/dirt where I live and grab and tear out small saplings and brush. I'm sure it strengthened my bucket as well. Don't kick it with your shins, it is no joke.

/ Ordered a eta wicked tooth bar
Thanks johnnymx(y)
We have a heavy clay soil here also. Its a bear to dig in....with anything. It holds plants, trees and brush with untold tenacity. The deeper you dig, the harder it gets.

The wicked tooth bar just looked like it would be the best for what I have to deal with from sod to the heavy clay with roots and rocks embedded within.

/ Ordered a eta wicked tooth bar #4  
Along with all of your other uses, I wonder how it would work for scarifying icy roads.

As far as scarifying icy roads, I think the design of the tooth bar would work o.k..... But with much care taken on the pushing it with an fel. Catch a lip or a high rock could custom bend something, even in float mode.

Even back dragging would have caveats, but could be done.

I prefer chewing up the ice with the tractor chains

Last edited:
   / Ordered a eta wicked tooth bar #6  
I prefer chewing up the ice with the tractor chains
The last time that I tried that I went for a very interesting ride down a hill. It was going well until I tried to slow down, then realized that my tires weren't even turning. It took me an hour and a half to get back up that hill.

/ Ordered a eta wicked tooth bar #7  
Why do I feel we'll be reading about bent loader arms or cylinders?

Loaders are meant for 'loading'. Scooping and lifting loose materials.

They are not bulldozers or meant for digging hard pack. Backdragging is frequently mentioned here as the main cause of bent cylinders.

When I want to move dirt, I dig it loose with the BH first. When I backdrag, I do it with the heel of the bucket, or with it at a low angle.

/ Ordered a eta wicked tooth bar #8  
I have a wicked tooth bar on my XR3135 bucket and it really improves the ability to dig, though as others mention, you gotta be careful. I helped scrape out a pond in clay soil and was impressed at how it cut through stuff that stopped a straight edge bucket. Also works good to scrape out brush at the ground.

/ Ordered a eta wicked tooth bar #9  
Most of my digging is moving piles of loose material that has solidified or flattening the previous owner's table-top dirtbike jumps. I'm not digging a 10-acre pond or anything. My issue was before the toothbar I couldn't even push into the piles of what used to be loose material, it was like hitting a wall. Now I can get in and fill the bucket with no issues. For clearing brush, I find it easy to just push and tear it forward with this bar and then come back with the grapple for final removal and cleanup. It always depends on the mix of what needs to come out.

Even just for small scale, compact tractor style earth moving of dirt with roots and rocks a tooth bar really speeds things up, makes the job easier for the tractor, fel and operator.

Ever been using your fel slowly going along filling the bucket and been stopped, tires spin a bit by a rock or root? Or just like johnnymx states digging into a pile that has settled or compacted is a chore for a straight cutting edge.
Or sure, you can use the corner of your bucket and break into the pile. That's where intrepid people start bending, breaking stuff due to all the load forced to only one side of everything related to the fel....

Just my 2 cents