Ordered chains for my BX25

/ Ordered chains for my BX25 #1  

check

Elite Member
Dorset (cottage country) and Toronto, Ontario, Can
Tractor
2009 Kubota BX25
After reading all the great discussion on TBN about chains, I decided to order ring chains for both front and back (for a little over $200 plus tax). Hopefully the installation will not be too much of a PITA, and then we will see how well they perform! (Got about 10" or so up North, and am going up this weekend to take advantage of my first chance to really use the new B2789 rear blower. I think I will volunteer to do a few neighbours as well.)

Can't wait!:licking:

/ Ordered chains for my BX25 #2  
Not sure how much real risk is involved but I've always heard you should not install chains on the front of the BX series tractors due to risk of front differential damage. :confused:

I bet the ring chains are going to make that a serious duty unit :thumbsup:

/ Ordered chains for my BX25
Not sure how much real risk is involved but I've always heard you should not install chains on the front of the BX series tractors due to risk of front differential damage. :confused:

:thumbsup:

There was actually quite a bit of discussion on TBN about this, but no one ever came up with a reason why, nor a dealer who said this. Does anyone have any experience to report or any manufacturer recommendations? (Two Kubota dealers did not say anything to me about problems with front chains.)

/ Ordered chains for my BX25 #4  
I have been using front and rear chains on my BX24 for several years. I have never had any problems. The difference in snow plowing performance with the chains versus without the chains is extreme.

/ Ordered chains for my BX25 #5  
I would love to see some BX25 w/ Ring chains pics! :thumbsup:

/ Ordered chains for my BX25 #6  
Just checkin' in to see if Check posted up some pics yet!

Check do you have a link and model numbers of what you bought too?

/ Ordered chains for my BX25 #7  
Still hoping to see those pics! and where you bought them from.

/ Ordered chains for my BX25
Sorry - better late than never!

Here are the rear ones, with the "v" bits welded on. Deadly in snow and on ice, but a very rough ride on pavement. Not sure this was such a good idea, because now I have another cottage about 300 yards away, and I have to drive overpavement to get to it.

Attachments

• image-1012542555.jpg
    image-1012542555.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 152
   / Ordered chains for my BX25 #9  
Yep, they look like they will get the job done. THANX for the pic!

/ Ordered chains for my BX25 #10  
Nice looking chains. You will love them this winter. Chains are one of the best tractor gadgets that I have ever purchased.