Oring on banjo bolt?

/ Oring on banjo bolt? #11  
greg current John Deere owner. John Deere? You excite my envy.
Yup. Traded in the KM454 and TS354C on a new JD3720 cab with 300X loader and 4-in-1 bucket

//greg//

/ Oring on banjo bolt? #13  
In this case the banjo fitting is bolted onto a flat surface, no inset.

So it would require the use of the rubber insert washer, an O-ring with a outer containment collar, or a copper disc washer to provide a seal...

/ Oring on banjo bolt? #14  
I just had to deal with a couple of these washers. I had to fix the leaks in the field. I removed all the rubber from the washer and wrapped it with teflon tape. Thats right round and round the washer with teflon tape. Put them back on and tightened them up. No Leaking at all. will be doing all fittings this winter when I get the time.

George

/ Oring on banjo bolt? #15  
I'd be really dubious about doing that Teflon tape thing on a pressure circuit where tight tolerances are encountered. In compressing that wad of Teflon it is just to easy to get small bits of it torn off and into the fluid where they go on to clog up a pressure relief valve, spool valve or other critical component.

It is well known that Chinese rubber goods suffer short working lives. Why not just order some US-made bonded washers from McMaster-Carr or MSC Industrial Supply and not have to worry about it?

/ Oring on banjo bolt? #16  
I removed all the rubber from the washer and wrapped it with teflon tape. Thats right round and round the washer with teflon tape. Put them back on and tightened them up. No Leaking at all. will be doing all fittings this winter when I get the time.

Nice field fix George but I think you realize that it's a one-time shot. I would advise to not do all that way. Best to carry spare bonded washers or an assortment of copper or aluminum washers, they're cheaper than you think:
80 Piece Copper Washer Assortment

I second what Rich says about the judicious use of Teflon tape.

/ Oring on banjo bolt? #17  
appreciate your replies guys. I did not believe that the teflon spread one layer thick around the washer would ever travel through the threads into the oil system. I will leave those washers alone and see if they are a good fix.

I would certainly install copper washers if found the correct size. Has anyone got the size washer needed. My tractor is back together and in use so I would like to get washers before downtime.
I do think teflon is better than the original rubber coated washers. I would never reinstall the rubber coated washers.

george