Ouch!!! Fertilizer prices.........

/ Ouch!!! Fertilizer prices......... #51  
Well, that is inconvenient not to be able to pre-pay. Maybe worth the time see what terms other dealers extend.

So, did you spread all that or is it still in the truck? :)

/ Ouch!!! Fertilizer prices......... #52  
jimg said:
Well, that is inconvenient not to be able to pre-pay. Maybe worth the time see what terms other dealers extend.

So, did you spread all that or is it still in the truck? :)

I'am going to check with another provider up in Maryland for next season for sure.

I did get it all spread. Got a little bit of a work out too shoveling it all into the spreader too. It wasn't too bad really but it was two full loads of a 950lb. hopper.:)

/ Ouch!!! Fertilizer prices......... #53  
I gotta say I'm a bit stunned that the Co-0p didn't want you to pre pay and pick up later. I meant they are gonna have your money up front, so I wonder what the problem was? I could understand it if you wanted the fertilizer now and offered to pay later with current credit conditions. but in my book, cash up front should get serviced first and best.

/ Ouch!!! Fertilizer prices......... #54  
bontai_Joe said:
I gotta say I'm a bit stunned that the Co-0p didn't want you to pre pay and pick up later. I meant they are gonna have your money up front, so I wonder what the problem was? I could understand it if you wanted the fertilizer now and offered to pay later with current credit conditions. but in my book, cash up front should get serviced first and best.
:confused: I'm with you. On top of the fact that they still have to come spread 8 tons of lime on my fields which I still have not paid for. I could easily cancel that order and get it else where. I am going to give them another two weeks to get that done as they said they were backed up do to the weather conditions throughout February but I am a bit irritated that it has not been done yet. If it's not done by the end of next week I will more than likely cancel the order and see if someone else can do it especially since I have managed to by myself while working a full time job with a family managed to get down the fertilizer and the grass seed three week before the lime and nearly a month after being place on the lime schedule.

/ Ouch!!! Fertilizer prices......... #55  
mark.r said:
I bought bulk, they mixed it on it site, and loaded directly into my truck.

Fert_resized.JPG

I NEED to look into another option next for no other reason than to have a second option even if I go back to them. It's just like have more than one grocery store in my opinion. But like I said before, this is our first year and for the most part new to us so we live and learn as we go along. Why do you think I ask you guys so many questions!!!;) :) I'll have to talk to the guys up Maryland at the New Holland dealership. They have always been good to us when we had out little Ford compact and I know they know where to buy up there. It's about the same distance travel wise for me.

Does your co-op have a fertilizer buggy? Southern States and the co-op both have a buggy with an auger on it where I live. Powered by a gasoline engine. I pull the buggy home, crank up the engine, and auger the fertilize into my 3pt spreader. Cost $15 or $20 to rent for the day, but it a whole lot easier and faster than a shovel.

Also keeps from rusting out the back of the truck. That would be bad.:eek:

Chris

/ Ouch!!! Fertilizer prices......... #56  
firefighter9208 said:
Does your co-op have a fertilizer buggy? Southern States and the co-op both have a buggy with an auger on it where I live. Powered by a gasoline engine. I pull the buggy home, crank up the engine, and auger the fertilize into my 3pt spreader. Cost $15 or $20 to rent for the day, but it a whole lot easier and faster than a shovel.

Also keeps from rusting out the back of the truck. That would be bad.:eek:

Chris

I'm not sure. I think when they were locate in my hometown they did but that one closed up. I know have to go to the one in the neighboring town and have not seen one setting in the their yard. Heck, I have yet to see their lime truck in the yard either:rolleyes: Agreed on rusting out the back of the truck. It's hard to tell from the pic but I had the tarp doubled over so the fertilizer is actually setting inside the tarp and not in the bedliner. Just some added precaution.

/ Ouch!!! Fertilizer prices......... #57  
Mark,

I hear ya with the tarp. I just know that I sure wouldn't want to shovel that much fertilizer.

Chris