Out with the old Blue, in with the new Orange CK2610HST

/ Out with the old Blue, in with the new Orange CK2610HST #11  
I notice in your photo that they appear to have a little drain hole there now, perhaps to help overcome this problem?

/ Out with the old Blue, in with the new Orange CK2610HST #12  
Congratulations from across the water. :thumbsup:

/ Out with the old Blue, in with the new Orange CK2610HST
I notice in your photo that they appear to have a little drain hole there now, perhaps to help overcome this problem?

Very good point! The upper grab rail indentation has the hole, the lower doesn't need it given the angle. I'll probably do the corrosion proofing anyway, since I've gotten carried away from the start, but good to see that they've attempted to address the issue. Good eye!!! Thanks, Toukow

Attachments

• Drain hole handgrip.jpg
    Drain hole handgrip.jpg
    466.3 KB · Views: 143
   / Out with the old Blue, in with the new Orange CK2610HST #14  
TK,

I read your Price Check comparison and now this post. You have included some super information on key factors to help us make good buying decisions!

I am also looking at the CK2610 as a replacement for my old Yanmar. Long story short, I MUST have Ag tires. I also must be able to adjust them as wide as possible. When I review various pieces of literature on the CK2610 it show Ag tire widths. However, some of the information seems contradictory to each other. For example, the brochure shows 44" front width and 51" rear widths with Ag. tires. Then, another piece of on-line literature uses those same numbers but lists them as "min." width...which I suspect means "minimum" and you can adjust the Ag. wheels wider...?...maybe? I guess we have all shared that sometimes the data on tractor literature is inconsistent.

Since you have the Ag. tires, could you possibly share your current Ag tires outside edge tire width for the front and rear? Then, could you look at your rear wheels and see if they are 2 piece and let me know if you think they could be disassembled and reassembled to create a wider Ag rear tire? I don't think the front are 2 pieces but they may be able to be turned "inside out" and remount the tire to create a wider front stance. yes, I am aware that the rear tire/wheel width is more important for stability on hills but having the front wide as possible just seems to help make me less anxious too.

I don't want to take away from your OP so if you would prefer I start this in a new thread just let me know and I will delete it. Just thought it may be good to have this ag tire width info available for all in your very comprehensive post.

Last edited:
   / Out with the old Blue, in with the new Orange CK2610HST #15  
Personally I wouldnt use that tractor on any slopes at all. The front wheels in no way stabilize the tractor no matter the width because the whole axle pivots. I have had a couple of scary moments myself so I am very aware of what they cant do. Hills is one.

/ Out with the old Blue, in with the new Orange CK2610HST #16  
.. The front wheels in no way stabilize the tractor no matter the width because the whole axle pivots...

Thx. for info. A. Hmmm... I believe that widening any wheelbase still lowers the center of gravity...even if the axle pivots. Then, I would suspect the angle of axle movement torque changes again when the axle is at max pivot or 'hits up against the bump stop' so to speak. Would have to look at the setup on the 2610 again to take some measurements. I bet it could be a good math exercise.

Sure wish they would offer some models with a Wide axle/wheelbase option. I have seen a few from the 60's and 70's equipped with wide axle options but not many new compacts under 30 hp.

Last edited:
   / Out with the old Blue, in with the new Orange CK2610HST
Thanks mtsman2 for the comments! So I gave it a go for the measurement to the edge of the tires, NOT the rims, not the centerline of the rims per the manual dimension noted below. I'm an electrical guy so will defer to the more experienced tractor guys, but I'm not seeing why you cannot reconfigure the bolts/center wheel plate to gain a wider footprint by a few inches in the rear. Your Kioti dealer may totally disagree though.

Tires: Titan R1 standard size

Front tires-
owner's manual states to centerline of rim 44.33 inches
measured to outside of front tires: 52.63 inches

Rear tires-
Owner's manual states two numbers:
Centerline of rims: 43.38 inches
Outside of rims/tires: 54.52 inches
Measured outside of tires: 56.0 inches.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need another dimension. Toukow

IMG_2718.JPGIMG_2719.JPGIMG_2720.JPG

/ Out with the old Blue, in with the new Orange CK2610HST #18  
TK,

I read your Price Check comparison and now this post. You have included some super information on key factors to help us make good buying decisions!

I am also looking at the CK2610 as a replacement for my old Yanmar. Long story short, I MUST have Ag tires. I also must be able to adjust them as wide as possible. When I review various pieces of literature on the CK2610 it show Ag tire widths. However, some of the information seems contradictory to each other. For example, the brochure shows 44" front width and 51" rear widths with Ag. tires. Then, another piece of on-line literature uses those same numbers but lists them as "min." width...which I suspect means "minimum" and you can adjust the Ag. wheels wider...?...maybe? I guess we have all shared that sometimes the data on tractor literature is inconsistent.

Since you have the Ag. tires, could you possibly share your current Ag tires outside edge tire width for the front and rear? Then, could you look at your rear wheels and see if they are 2 piece and let me know if you think they could be disassembled and reassembled to create a wider Ag rear tire? I don't think the front are 2 pieces but they may be able to be turned "inside out" and remount the tire to create a wider front stance. yes, I am aware that the rear tire/wheel width is more important for stability on hills but having the front wide as possible just seems to help make me less anxious too.

I don't want to take away from your OP so if you would prefer I start this in a new thread just let me know and I will delete it. Just thought it may be good to have this ag tire width info available for all in your very comprehensive post.

I can take a pic tomorrow, but I have R1s set WIDE. Outside width is between 62” and 64”. They are about 1” or 2” wider than my 60” rotary cutter. The fronts are about the same width as well. I have a 3510SE. It’s a billy goat and mud monster. Much better than my old Deere 4400 with R4s. Don’t regret my choice one bit. IMG_8705.jpg

/ Out with the old Blue, in with the new Orange CK2610HST #19  
Oh, one important item to note about R1s set wide in the front. You can’t turn full lock. The lugs of of the front tires hit the loader mount. It’s not a huge reduction in steering radius, but should be noted nonetheless.

/ Out with the old Blue, in with the new Orange CK2610HST #20  
Front tires-
owner's manual states to centerline of rim 44.33 inches
measured to outside of front tires: 52.63 inches

Rear tires-
Owner's manual states two numbers:
Centerline of rims: 43.38 inches
Outside of rims/tires: 54.52 inches
Measured outside of tires: 56.0 inches.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need another dimension. Toukow

View attachment 611707View attachment 611708View attachment 611709

Many thanks TK! Exactly the information for which I was looking. And we can now all see that these numbers are much more useful than the printed numbers. the 3rd photo of the rear wheel is also very helpful. I can see where we can change things up. If you are up for it, can you post a photo of the inside and outside of the front wheel? If not, no worries.

Previously I did ask the dealer about widening the stance. They were agreeable to widen it on the rears and were hesitant to give me an answer on the front for a couple reasons. One of which is that they have not sold a 2610 with R1's yet so they could not give a solid answer.

Many thanks again. :thumbsup: