Outdoor burning laws

/ Outdoor burning laws #111  
You just confirmed my point.
People know when its “inappropriate” to burn.
Dry- don’t burn. Damp-burn.
Not a real difficult concept, unless you live in a Nanny State.
Actually they don’t always know. We get idiots starting fires during dry windy burn ban days.

/ Outdoor burning laws #112  
My fire is burning down now and the Usinger's beef wieners are thawing. We will cook them once it gets down to just coals. We have some left over tomato soup to go with it too. We are having a beautiful day for it...85F and low wind. (y)

/ Outdoor burning laws #113  
I think the point is that those who don't know also will not know or care about things like training or permits.

Those types of things only stop rule followers. Rule followers already know and follow fire safety rules...it's kinda their thing. So basically, an extra hoop and/or fee for the just.

/ Outdoor burning laws #114  
My fire is burning down now and the Usinger's beef wieners are thawing. We will cook them once it gets down to just coals. We have some left over tomato soup to go with it too. We are having a beautiful day for it...85F and low wind. (y)
Egad, man! If you have Usingers, at least have the common decency to eat brats. :)

You can get Johnsonville anywhere now, but Usingers and Klements are regional. We used to be neighbors with a big shot from Klements. Lots of free brats in the neighborhood.

/ Outdoor burning laws #115  
Egad, man! If you have Usingers, at least have the common decency to eat brats. :)

You can get Johnsonville anywhere now, but Usingers and Klements are regional. We used to be neighbors with a big shot from Klements. Lots of free brats in the neighborhood.
They are Usinger's Beef Frankfurters. They are pre-cooked so we just have to heat them up a bit, make them a little bubbly and they are ready to eat.

/ Outdoor burning laws #116  
They are Usinger's Beef Frankfurters. They are pre-cooked so we just have to heat them up a bit, make them a little bubbly and they are ready to eat.
I thought any self-respecting cheesehead (my younger 2 are bona fide cheeseheads) would never pass up a brat for a frank. Those are for kids. You know the drill. Boil them in beer, finish on the grill. Man, you're making me hungry just thinking about it. Gotta head up to Karl's in Menomonie Falls. Definitely things I miss about Wisconsin, especially this time of year.

/ Outdoor burning laws #117  
Dunno if they still do it, but I remember seeing tires hung on fenceposts in one of the prairie states when I was on a road trip. Anyone know why they did/do that?
I’ve seen tires on fence posts painted white, and I figured it was for spotting the fence line from a distance, but just a guess.

/ Outdoor burning laws #118  
I think the point is that those who don't know also will not know or care about things like training or permits.

Those types of things only stop rule followers. Rule followers already know and follow fire safety rules...it's kinda their thing. So basically, an extra hoop and/or fee for the just.
In the west, we have red flag days and other degrees of fire hazard days as part of the things used to inform people about hazards. It’s not always apparent. Sometimes red flag days start out good and then high winds pick up later in the day.

/ Outdoor burning laws #119  
I live in the land of the FREE and home of the brave.. I burn what ever I want. Wood old tires, plastic, etc,.
I had a neighbor like that. He felt it was OK to burn whatever too. Old mattresses, plastic, meth, whatever. I sure am glad he is gone now. I was sick of smelling burning plastic. He obviously felt free to do whatever he wanted and didn't care about any effect it may have had on anybody else. I love living in the land of the free too. That's why I make sure my use of my freedoms don't take away other's freedoms. This has helped me so much in my life.
Eric

/ Outdoor burning laws #120  
In the west, we have red flag days and other degrees of fire hazard days as part of the things used to inform people about hazards. It’s not always apparent. Sometimes red flag days start out good and then high winds pick up later in the day.
I think that is useful. Let people know, but ultimately, it is up to them. If they have a fire that gets out of control, hold them accountable.