Outdoor burning laws

/ Outdoor burning laws #131  
Got 4 old tires to burn tomorrow. Someone here told me the fire chief don't approve of tire burning.
My reply back was, I didn't ask for his approval !
Attach them together and use them as a drag for your pasture. You might even be able to sell it to somone.

/ Outdoor burning laws #132  
On the subject of moving wood, I get it and I try not to do it. Normally we camp in close proximity to the national forest so I bring my chainsaw and drive up into the forest and harvest enough for our stay. There is usually some left for the next group.
Is that allowed in your area? At least in the White Mountain National Forest, the only wood you can take is dead and on the ground. It requires a (fairly inexpensive) permit.
This is mainly a "firewood" thing, not sure about campfire wood, though I suspect going in with a chainsaw is not encouraged.

/ Outdoor burning laws #133  
About the Emerald Ash Borer and issues concerning transporting wood...what do the loggers do about transporting logs to the mills?
The borer is just finding it's way here and areas where it's been found are quarantined, so mills out of the area can't take wood from quarantine areas. It's going to take over eventually, but they are experimenting with various methods of eradication.

/ Outdoor burning laws #134  
Have to laugh at how times have changed. In the late 90’s, I had just married and bought my first house On 3/4 acre.
It was a shambles. I tore out 100’s of feet of studded walls in the basement, picnic tables, old firewood, random burnable junk and threw it on a big pile in the back yard.
I let my neighbors know it was going to be smoky for a few hours before an upcoming rain and was doing some burning.
Neither cared and I burned junk for about 3 days.

Now, in that same township you can’t burn. It all has to be buried in a landfill.
I've had numerous fires on my property this summer. As long as there is no burn ban, I can burn pretty much anytime I want within reason.

I did have the fire department called on me one day. A large rotted stump caught fire. The fire actually traveled through the roots under ground.

All of a sudden it started burning from the inside out.

A guy doing roadside mowing freaked out and called the fire department.

By the time the fire department came down the street, the stump was down to a dull roar. I was sitting in a camping chair in the shade where I could keep an eye on things.

Fire department missed the fire all together. They went screaming by the property. Then about 5 minutes later they stopped and asked if the roadside mower guy was parked here.

I replied yes he was. That's when the fireman told me about the call. I brought up the old stump that went up and that it was pretty impressive to watch. But other than the ground being scorched around it, it didn't travel anywhere.

Fireman wished me a good day and headed back to the station.

/ Outdoor burning laws #135  
maybe as a way to stop people from having a "bring a pallet" style of party that is getting popular.

Couple hundred kids get together each bringing a pallet or two gets out of hand really quickly.

I am perfectly OK with not letting people get together in the middle of the night to burn pallets on public lands.

1696451910702.jpeg

/ Outdoor burning laws #136  
maybe as a way to stop people from having a "bring a pallet" style of party that is getting popular.

Couple hundred kids get together each bringing a pallet or two gets out of hand really quickly.

I am perfectly OK with not letting people get together in the middle of the night to burn pallets on public lands.

View attachment 825171
That reminds me of the homecoming football games at my local high school. On homecomingz they would set up a big pallet bonfire on the edge of the field

/ Outdoor burning laws #137  
I did have the fire department called on me one day. A large rotted stump caught fire. The fire actually traveled through the roots under ground.

All of a sudden it started burning from the inside out.
emoji23.png
emoji1787.png
emoji23.png
emoji1787.png
emoji23.png
Bet that was neat to see. I’ve always heard about that happening but never witnessed it myself.

/ Outdoor burning laws #138  
Bet that was neat to see. I’ve always heard about that happening but never witnessed it myself.
Yeah, but I can also understand why the dude mowing the roadside flipped out and called the fire department.

Since it was internal, it had a chimney effect and actually made it look like the woods behind the stump was on fire