Overdue Chinese tractor

/ Overdue Chinese tractor #1  

andyspain

Bronze Member
Tractor
JM284
Hubie export said 45 - 55 days for delivery of my JM284.
68 DAYS so far. Is this normal?

/ Overdue Chinese tractor #2  
It's normal because it is usually 45-60 days before they ship.

Thanks,
Bruce

/ Overdue Chinese tractor #3  
Don't know current schedules, but a few years ago, it was about 30 days for tractor manufacture and be ready to ship from dock @ shanghi. Usually, you pay the rest at this point. Has your tractor shipped or still awaiting to get to shanghi dock? Then a variable trip to the US. 15 days would be very quick. 30 to 45 might be the norm. Other issues might mean it would take longer. It is never an exact science.

Hubei exports allot of Jinma tractors. Sometimes it depends on who you are dealing with, on how often they send you status. Never heard of anyone getting stiffed, and highly unlikely that you will be. Key is to have patience. The tractor will get to the USA. Then, all your paperwork needs to be in order.

/ Overdue Chinese tractor #4  
Hi Andy.I ordered a 284 in 2002 it took 112 days from order to delivery.then in 2003 I ordered a chipper,95 days there then later in 2003 another 284- 120 days. They do get here But once it was the longshoremen strike on the west coast, then extra security and holiday shut downs. now even the problems about what color it's painted?? All in all though they are worth the wait. MY Jinmas are Great machines. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Overdue Chinese tractor #5  
My wife is a international buyer at work, 30 days on the water is typical from China. If you haven't received notice that your tractor has shipped you're probably looking at another month minimum. They have National Day holiday coming up which means the whole country shuts down /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif adding further delays.

No need to be concerned yet, it'll get here you'll just need to be patient.

/ Overdue Chinese tractor
Thanks gents, was getting a bit worried. One gent at another forum thinks me a fool for paying half up front, but as I understand the issue this is how it’s done (import/export)

I’m emailing a Hu Qin at Hubei, she seems nice enough, but English is not her strong point. She told me the tractor had left Shanghai 13th Sept, but I wonder, because if that was the case surely they would be asking for the other half of the money? Not that I would pay with absolutely nothing in writing for the first payment I made, something I also find a bit strange. If I buy anything at a store I usually walk out with both goods and till receipt of payment. Obviously this type of transaction I have to wait for the goods, but shouldn’t they give me a receipt for money paid?

Okay gents, I’m rambling on here, thanks again.

/ Overdue Chinese tractor #7  
I have a lot of respect for you guys, and the effort/risk you go through to save a bit of money on a tractor. I sincerely hope this transaction works out well....but if it does not, what recourse would you have? Do you really save that much money over a dealer prepped jinma?

I understand the joy of the challenge getting a crate tractor, assembly etc. I do not understand the joy of international shipping.....

Keep us all informed

/ Overdue Chinese tractor #8  
You should have a Proforma Invoice that lists everything you purchased along with the cost of ocean shipping. Your receipt is the wire transfer to their account. It is not like you are going to walk up to the service counter and get a refund. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Overdue Chinese tractor #9  
Guys

Shipping LCL (Less than a Container Load) can be imprecise when you are sharing a container owned by a consolidator.
It may have to be loaded and unloaded several times before
you get your stuff. With one of my first loads I told my export agent to find the cheapest freight, so he did. I didn't find out until it had left Shanghai that it was coming all ocean to Boston. Over 100 days in transit. I had some pissed off customers expecting their tractors in 70 days. The Chinese are very honest with exports I've found. In large part because the Chinese government takes it's exports VERY seriously. Screw around with that and the penalties can be extremely severe. Even my customs broker has told me that he's never seen any hijinks with the Chinese and money. The variables here in U.S. are many. Inland freight, customs and freight releases can add all sorts of time and money to a import if you're not careful. I sort of have it down to a science now but I made plenty of mistakes in the early years to be sure.

Graham
Bolton Power.

/ Overdue Chinese tractor
There are no JM tractors in Spain, assembled or flat pack. I'm not looking for a challenge! The small earth moving machines on sale here are out of my price range, it's this or nothing. Sometimes I have to dig shallow trenches to lay concrete foundations and it's hard work by hand.