Overdue Chinese tractor

/ Overdue Chinese tractor
I received it today Johns, it came as an email attachment, seems to be okay. There's no invoice number I noticed, but it was raised on th 27th of July, four days after I wired the money.

Dear PitbullMidwest,
National holiday, how long does the country close down for?

/ Overdue Chinese tractor #13  
If I am not mistaken, I think it is 5 days holiday.

/ Overdue Chinese tractor #14  
Depends on the industry, some take up to a week.

/ Overdue Chinese tractor #15  
I had another contact tell me 8 days, probably safe to say all this week.

Thanks Boltonpower, reassuring info on Chinese export integrity. No other news as yet, but at least I'm in possession of a pro forma invoice. I'm told my tractor is bobbing about the ocean and that a BL was faxed. I never received it and as everyone knows it wont be re-faxed until after the holiday. A friend is going to assemble this tractor with me, he's an agricultural machine mechanic, workshop and all. If all goes well we may import and retail JM in Spain. Any suggestions?

Hi all,
It's in Barcelona, with any luck I will have it next week.

Still haven't got the original documents I need to get it out of the port yet. I paid the balance on the 18th. How long does it usually take for the documents to come through, they said they would express them when they receive the balance payment?

It's arrived and I must say I'm delighted with the 284. Started putting it together today. Two things missing though. The hydraulic pump for the backhoe and the under tractor exhaust muffler. I phoned Martin at Jinma UK about the pump and he told me it should have come packed inside the hoe bucket. I'm hoping Hubei will get this to me quickly. Must say the new hood (fiberglass) is the business. Thanks all.

/ Overdue Chinese tractor #19  
Andy, i'm curious on how much more it cost you than what you were quoted after it was all said and done.

Hi Durbob, nothing more, is the answer to your question. Hubei gave me a price before I placed the order and the amount they received was the initial quote they gave. Now if you mean how much more did I pay to get it to my door well that's a different matter altogether. Off the top of my head some 3-3500 Euro on top of hubei's quote. I hope that was what you wanted to know? Having said that a 30 hp tractor in Spain costs between 18000 - 25000 Euro. My JM cost 3995 at the Chinese port. Although a bit rough around the edges you can understand that I'm totally delighted with the product for the price paid. The only problem I have is with Hubie and the language barrier. I say have because although I now have my tractor the back hoe arrived without it's pump. True to form my sales person at hubie, obviously not knowing what the pump looks like, asked me if I would take a photo of the missing part and e-mail it to her! If I could photograph it it wouldn't be missing.
All the best Andy