Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #1  

Cahaba Valley Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 3000
I saw this video in my news feed this evening and decided to give it a watch. After listening to the guy discuss his issue with the tractor he then ended by saying he should have bought a Kubota. My immediate reaction was What??? Why? Because you have an issue that needs to go back to the dealer to be fixed? I couldn't see his logic here and furthermore I was surprised to hear this coming from a Deere owner. My impression of Deere is they seem to have the highest bating average when it comes to reliability and engineering. It seems based on all the social media tractor groups that I belong to that you hardly ever hear of their compacts having any problems. Is this really true? Is my perception correct or off about this? I would like to hear all of your thoughts and opinions on this.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #3  
I don’t know if it’s because there are more Deere tractors out there of that size, but the complaints on smaller tractors are significantly more than Kubota

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #4  
Deere is king of the 100hp+ tractor market and Kubota is king of the market for tractors less than 100 hp. I had an old Yanmar Deere for over 20 years and was satisfied. But when I went to upgrade to a larger utility size tractor in the 60hp range, I wasn’t impressed with the Deere options or price and bought a Kubota. I’m very pleased with the Kubota.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #5  
I don’t know if it’s because there are more Deere tractors out there of that size, but the complaints on smaller tractors are significantly more than Kubota
I think that Deere focuses on the farm equipment greater than 100hp market and doesn’t seem to make an effort in the smaller CUTs. Just my impressions and opinion.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #6  
Don't know. I've had zero problems with my 4105 (and my former D110) and never had to have my Dealership fix/repair anything. Both are/were solid tractors and my Dealership is fully supportive of all of their products. I, flat out, know that if I had any problem that they would've sent someone out to ensure that it was solved.

I only traded in the D110 for the Z-turn to upgrade to a wider mower deck (42" to 48"), faster mowing times and because the Z-turn is 'fun' to operate. The pricing was right and I wanted to avoid future price increases due to steel/supply 'problems'.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #7  
I'm not going to watch the video but I was wondering if the issue he had was related to dealer prep. A friend of mine owns a Kubota dealership and it is rare to see a Kubota come back but then, he preps them correctly.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #8  
Meh, brand chest thumping or one “experience” doesn’t mean much to anyone else but the person experiencing it

I could point to 100 threads in every brand forum of something breaking

as noted above, I chose based on dealer experience and capabilities required

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #9  
I’ve got a 2025r, no backhoe, 260 hours. I like it. I have also experienced what he described where the tractor won’t turn. In my case, the FEL will be off and I will have a 35 gallon sprayer full on the back. My driveway is paved and it’s weird, the tires are turned but they just slide. I added 86 pounds of suitcase weights to the front to fix it. In his case with a backhoe on the back, I’m not surprised.

Another strong possibility is the differential lock is stuck on. The linkage can get hung up or be out of adjustment.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #10  
Most on line reviews of equipment are as stupid as brand loyalty to equipment.

Last edited: