Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #161  
I can get behind this, put his btt to work, but then i think of the poor people having to manage him or work with him.

I hear ya........if it was up to me.......I'd tell him to follow orders....do as you're told or go to jail for 20 years.....you decide!

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #162  
I hear ya........if it was up to me.......I'd tell him to follow orders....do as you're told or go to jail for 20 years.....you decide!

The only reason he didn't end up in prison is he's a juvenile. An adult would have been convicted of arson and be looking at 5 years in the joint.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #164  
Years ago, neighbor to my great aunt and uncle had burn barrel they used in windy dry conditions in wooded area. Wildfire started and burned several hundred acres, including my great aunt and uncle's place. They saved their house, but lost all the timber on their land (20-30 acres) and never got a penny from neighbors or insurance for their loss. Timber companies did not want the burned timber, no other markets for it at that time.. They have passed now, but their daughter and grandson still live there.. sad times.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #165  
Back in the day they used to do selective logging, and do controlled burns in the late spring to get rid of the tinder that could ramp up big fires later in the season. The 'hands off the forests' policies have resulted in some massively fuel rich environments for nature of idiots to wreak havoc. Ideally, any state with timber should have reasonable management programs which would help fund a couple of CL-415 water bombers for the fires that do get started.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #166  
Back in the day they used to do selective logging, and do controlled burns in the late spring to get rid of the tinder that could ramp up big fires later in the season. The 'hands off the forests' policies have resulted in some massively fuel rich environments for nature of idiots to wreak havoc. Ideally, any state with timber should have reasonable management programs which would help fund a couple of CL-415 water bombers for the fires that do get started.

flyerdan I don't know if you are old enough to remember the Tillamook burn back in the late 40's. . .but they really need to thin things out. . .tree huggers. . . :confused3:

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #167  
They, the parents are immigrants, a real FAT chance that this judgement will come to fruition.

Per a newspaper article the judge stipulated that the judgement will remain in effect for 10 years and expire IF the kid stays out of trouble. I haven't seen what the monthly payment will be

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #168  
Per a newspaper article the judge stipulated that the judgement will remain in effect for 10 years and expire IF the kid stays out of trouble. I haven't seen what the monthly payment will be

Do you really think that they (or him), will pay anything. . .the whole thing is a bullsh$t judgement.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #169  
Do you really think that they (or him), will pay anything. . .the whole thing is a bullsh$t judgement.

In the words of our forefathers, "you can't suck blood out of a turnip". . .

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #170  
The only reason he didn't end up in prison is he's a juvenile. An adult would have been convicted of arson and be looking at 5 years in the joint.

I'd take the 5 years in the joint over the payout expected LOL

I read basically where after the kid keeps his noise clean and makes the scheduled payouts after like 10 years, he's off the hook.

Basically the total dollar amount seems nothing more than a headline.