paint code?

/ paint code? #11  
There was a pretty complete paint job and write up here.
WoolyAcres, thanks! The paint formula in that post is what the OP is looking for.

Also: There's something wrong with how TBN filed photos a while back and my links I put in that 2013 post, now go to nowhere. My photo of the underside of the YM240 cowl is still in my Attachments listing and is visible in the original post that I attached it to.

Lets see if this fresh link to the photo works:

158875d1268947857-wiring-ym240-p1580202ym240underdash-jpg

Last edited:
   / paint code? #13  
WoolyAcres, thanks! The paint formula in that post is what the OP is looking for.

Also: There's something wrong with how TBN filed photos a while back and my links I put in that 2013 post, now go to nowhere. My photo of the underside of the YM240 cowl is still in my Attachments listing so I think it is visible in the original post I attached it to even though subsequent links to it fail. When I get time I'll find it and link it from here since I think that underside of the cowl is the best example of original color.
I only knew about it because when I first got my YM240 I had dreams of polishing it up and getting it painted. I went so far as to find a local body shop that would do the parts that I removed from the tractor and brought in. I never ACTUALLY removed anything for painting. There just wasn't much point. That wasn't going to change the way it ran or the things it would be capable of and I don't have money or interest in a restore for its own sake. In my case that money was better spent on redoing the loader controls, though I'm still having issues there.

Hopefully the OP will find it useful.

/ paint code? #14  
Got rained out again so I'm back to puttering on the computer ...

Here's a screenprint comparing that Ebay Ford touchup paint color to original Yanmar lime green. Not identical, but its the closest I've seen in stock colors.

Actually I think the Ford green looks stylish, modern. I like it better than Yanmar's 70's Polyester Leisure Suit Green. :)

Ford vs Yanmar green.jpg

/ paint code? #16  

Also: There's something wrong with how TBN filed photos a while back and my links I put in that 2013 post, now go to nowhere. My photo of the underside of the YM240 cowl is still in my Attachments listing and is visible in the original post that I attached it to.

Lets see if this fresh link to the photo works:

158875d1268947857-wiring-ym240-p1580202ym240underdash-jpg
i'm sure I saw this before but forgot, but that is a good way to get around the old hard to come by or slightly don't fit original foil fuses. Much quicker than the replacement panel that I put in. It works, I like the look of the new panel that I put in more but this is functional and cheap...as cheap as inline fuses are now a days, but with ebay and china, the last inline I bought I think I paid less than a dollar for shipped to my door from china. It even took the regular blade size fuses.

/ paint code? #17  
Thanks! yes functional and cheap, and dead reliable for 13 years now.

In addition to non-available fuse elements, the microscopic screws and washers at the original fuses made replacing a fuse a frustrating PIA working upside down under there. These glass fuses could be replaced by touch if I ever needed to.

Today if I were doing the project I would use blade fuses with the wire terminal colors matching the color of the fuses.