Pallet forks for your tractor

/ Pallet forks for your tractor #81  
Plus, the visibility that the bucket takes from the clamp-on forks makes it a very tricky experience.

I made a set of clamp-on forks for my previous loader. I didn't use those much and it was very hard to see the tips of the forks.

On the new tractor, I made a Euro style quick attach set of forks, borrowing the forks from my 70's electric forklift and I use those things all the time.

Very useful, it's compact, you have decent visibility over the forks. It doesn't extend the load forward like the clamp-on forks do.

/ Pallet forks for your tractor #82  
Some thoughts------

Considering the lifting capacity of most CUTS are 'real' forks really needed?
Well made clamp on forks probably come close to the maximum capacity of many CUTS anyway.
Also never to forget the bucket ratings are at a specified distance from the tractor and that loaded forks are far more forward of you loaded bucket.

All to say that a 1000 capacity bucket/tractor probably should not lift more than 500 lbs on the center of 36 inch forks.

(I was a fork lift sales rep 'back then')
Absolutely real forks are necessary if you want to maximize your lift capability!

/ Pallet forks for your tractor #83  
This is a good thread with a variety of brands listed. I like the looks of the Everything Attachments forks since they are built heavier than some, built in the USA, and reasonably priced. I wish they offered a single thumb grapple add-on option for their forks.

/ Pallet forks for your tractor #84  
Many times it's NOT just about lifting either... Most guys end up using the forks for prying too!! And you better have good forks, if you have much of a tractor, and start prying on a tree root/stump of bigger rock ect.!

SR

/ Pallet forks for your tractor #85  
   / Pallet forks for your tractor #86  
Many times it's NOT just about lifting either... Most guys end up using the forks for prying too!! And you better have good forks, if you have much of a tractor, and start prying on a tree root/stump of bigger rock ect.!

SR

I bent the backing plate on my Titans simply stacking logs... I pretzeled it prying logs out of the ice. The tongs themselves are rugged though... You really do get what you pay for.

/ Pallet forks for your tractor #87  

SR

Forks used as a "prying tool"???
That is what a backhoe with hyd. thumb is for!

/ Pallet forks for your tractor #88  
Ha, I pry with my bucket often, and for roots etc I made a nice HD clamp on tooth that I mount center of my bucket.
OK, my bucket wears a DIY tooth bar so it can take prying.
That 'clamp on tooth' is made from an old truck axle and is just great to pop out cedars and spruce saplings.
I drive the 'tooth' under the roots and curl the bucket and out pops the sapling.
No damage what so ever to by bucket.
Nice thing is the roots come clean, no soil.

/ Pallet forks for your tractor #90  
Forks used as a "prying tool"???
That is what a backhoe with hyd. thumb is for!

I have one and I have to admit to still prying with forks.