Panzer Info needed

/ Panzer Info needed #1  

skwdad

Tractor
Panzer Speedex
I am new to your forum and I am hoping someone can help me with a few questions. I have picked up a Panzer tractor to restore this winter. Last year I restored a Speedex and hope to get this thing done before next spring.
Does anyone have a clue as to what model this is? The tag has been removed and I can't find any good info on how to tell what model is what. The Briggs engine on it was built in 1966 but I am not possitive this is the original engine. The engine has spark and I am hoping to tear the carb down this weekend and clean her up and see if she will run.
Thanks in advance for any information you all can provide.
Skwdad

(sorry if I am posting in the wrong section) Panzer1.jpg

/ Panzer Info needed #3  
What you have is a Pennsylvania Panzer, never understood the name as most were built in Maryland. I had one about 30 years ago, very solid tractor! Most had 3 pulley's that you moved the belt to to change gears but acted like hydrostatic in that they used belt slippage in each gear to control forward speed. and they were all zero turn before the term existed. They had foot brakes on either side, a hand engaged clutch pulley used an 8 3/4" Chrysler automotive differential shortened for the ap. You could hit one brake and turn the wheel and it will spin around in it's own length. The whole thing including hood is cast iron and very heavy. Mine had a 6 h.p. B & S but would easily pull the 42" deck through knee deep grass. One piece of advice, is if you have a mower deck, they are timed and require a toothed belt and the blades must be timed or they will hit each other when engaged. If you don't have an owners manual try to find one, they are very unique, high quality machines but a bit complicated in areas. I wish I still had mine!

/ Panzer Info needed #4  
Yours looks exactly like mine and mine is a 1960 Panzer T-70 B. Mine has an 8 HP B&S engine which I know for a fact is not the original engine, but also looks like what you have. The original engine was smaller, but not sure the HP, 6 sounds about right.PanzerSide3-4-01.jpg

I am still working on the restoration.Sales1.jpgSales2.jpgSales3.jpgSales4.jpgSales5.jpgSales6.jpgT70T758guys.jpg

/ Panzer Info needed #5  
Mine had, I believe 1958-60 brakes from the same rear they used in them, which was a shortened 8 3/4 " from the full sized Plymouth/Dodge I think.

/ Panzer Info needed #6  
OK, now I really want mine back and all the attachments! I never had a better garden tractor, I'd love to have that front end loader!

/ Panzer Info needed
I have restored a few old hit and miss engines and I know people frown on painting those if they have a lot of original paint, how do you all feel about painting the one I put in the first post? I wasn't going to paint it but after seeing "runner"s tractor I really want to paint mine now.
Also on a side note I picked up an old Sears Suburban. Picked it up last night in the dark so I will get pictures today after work.

/ Panzer Info needed #8  
I found Krylon turquoise to be an almost perfect match, but they quit making it a couple of years ago and I still have a few pieces to paint (belly mower and snow blade), so I'm searching for something else. I'd hate to have to get custom mixed paint for this project.

If you find something else that works, please post it.