Parts Availability - Dealer Availability

/ Parts Availability - Dealer Availability #11  
I recently saw a used Massey I would consider but doing research I don't find any dealers within a few hundred miles and online parts seem to be non existent. Are you all finding parts online or do you HAVE to go to a dealer to get them?

I wonder why their dealer network is fading away?
I have no problems finding any parts for 2018 M-F 1526 or my 1959 M-F 50;)! & I call around to a few M-F dealers or show up in person & I let them know what I'm working on & they always seem to be helpful & they check to see if the part is available & I'm always surprised of the parts that are available for the 50 & also the aftermarket is quite good & I'm finally getting a new M-F dealership close by so I will not have to travel far anymore & my M-F 50 gets as much work as my newer M-F 1526 & yes I do buy some parts online but I also like working with a good dealer:cool:.
IMG_20201003_134009.jpg
IMG_20201003_134009.jpg

/ Parts Availability - Dealer Availability #12  
My dealer is in the next county but they will ship to me. They have solved every issue I’ve had - often over the phone.
They also don’t sell me anything I don’t need - even when I don’t know that I don’t need it.

/ Parts Availability - Dealer Availability #13  
How do you research part numbers? I couldn't get any of their parts links to load a parts lookup web site.

click view books under the guest section the type model number of item, eg gc2400 for tractor or dl100 for loader.

this may help also

/ Parts Availability - Dealer Availability
That link worked better than the other three I tried that didn't work at all. BUT the list of available models jump over the 1600 series. I'm not familiar enough with the brand to know what other models it doesn't have.

The only Massey I ever owned was an old 175.

/ Parts Availability - Dealer Availability #19  
yeah that link works for now but is going away soon.
see my post earlier in thread about changes.
on new site I created a login and chose any participating e-dealer (there are none physically in my area) so I could search books.

/ Parts Availability - Dealer Availability #20  
As I live a couple of hours from the nearest "dealership," one that really prefers to sell orange, I choose to go 500 miles away (by phone) to a large MF AG dealer, who has no problem getting whatever I want and just ships it along, usually with very inexpensive shipping.

Also: I'm hoping to not break much, but I know it happens. Thank goodness for the online parts book! Actually, even if I didn't have it, I think the parts dept at the dealership I call would find what I need, but having the right number helps speed things along.