Pasture restoration Citidiot style

/ Pasture restoration Citidiot style #21  
Awesome job. (y)

/ Pasture restoration Citidiot style #22  
Nice work! Fun to see the transformation. Your machine is kicking butt for ya, any issues so far?

/ Pasture restoration Citidiot style #23  
1666393603415.jpeg

I was able to trade a couple of round bales of hay for this 12 foot spreader bar. I have plowed and then used an old heavy Rome Plow (harrow) with this spreader bar chained behind the Rome Plow. I used 2 chains in order to keep the bar parallel to the Rome Plow. I was not attempting to level the fields . I was smoothing the fields for hay production.

This process allowed me to transform a former horse ranch, with 6 or 7 paddocks with hundreds of fence posts that had been used and uncared for back, into a very nice hay field.

Last edited:
   / Pasture restoration Citidiot style
Ill have to find someone with a big drag I can borrow. Next spring ill plow that area again and disc + drag. A few people I have talked to around here don't show much interest when I bring up smoothing fields, I am guessing it's not worth worrying about when you're farming hundreds of acres? but for a hobby farmer like me I think its worth while to make the experience more enjoyable.

Your machine is kicking butt for ya, any issues so far?

No mechanical issues so far. There was some growing pains as this was my first tractor and I was likely somewhat too rough on it bush hogging etc. My neighbors who are all farmers joke that I have a garden tractor, as it's small compared to their large row crop machines. I had 2 farmers say they were impressed with how well it plowed with the 4 bottom, I guess the weight/tire/4wd must make an impact over the 75hp tractors they are used to.

Someone in another thread said it best. There are "big" little tractors, and then there are "small" large tractors. The 4707 in my experience has proven to be a small large tractor 100%.