Pat's Quick Hitch on GC1725M

/ Pat's Quick Hitch on GC1725M #1  

hube2

Veteran Member
Tractor
Masey Ferguson GC1725M
Looking for anyone with experience using this quick hitch on a GC

How likely is it that I'm going to need a new top link?
Will I need to get a new PTO shaft for my Woods snow blower (SB54)?
Will I need to get a new PTO shaft for my Woods tiller (RT48.30)?
Or will I have just enough of them to be able to work.

I just cam in from unhooking my tiller and getting this thing on and off is a real PITA. The Tiller PTO shaft is extremely short, I'm not sure I can spare 4". I expect that a new PTO shaft is going to be quite a cost.

/ Pat's Quick Hitch on GC1725M #2  
top link should work, just make sure to tie the backhoe hoses WAY out of the way.
if, when installed, your pto shaft has a least 2" overlap on splines at its furthest point (full up or with rear tires on ramps...full down a better test) and at its closest point (inline with tractor pto shaft) you should be ok.
however...they are a pita to put on and take off and if you want to use your backhoe you will need to remove.
better grab something like a titan hitch
or something like that from many vendors around.
same pto shaft stuff applies.

also...would only need tractor half of new shaft if needed. can buy separate usually.

Last edited:
   / Pat's Quick Hitch on GC1725M #3  
You might try carterandsonsllc.com. Their EZ HITCH does not extend the length of the hook up. I bought a set in march of 2010. ...maybe they are still in business.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Pat's Quick Hitch on GC1725M #4  
It does appear Carter and Sons are still on the web. Had I known about them before buying Pat's I would have had theirs. As it was I did have to get a longer top link and extend my PTO shaft. After the added purchases and adjustments the Pat's hitch works great but Carter would probably be a better way to go. Welcome to CARTER AND SON'S TOOL AND DIE

/ Pat's Quick Hitch on GC1725M #5  
I don’t have your tractor but do have Pat’s. I have a JD 2025r and I had a fertilizer spreader with the PTO shaft cut for a Kubota BX. After the Pat’s were added to my JD the PTO shaft was too short.

My top link is long enough for all my implements but a lot of the threads are showing.

/ Pat's Quick Hitch on GC1725M
thanks for the link to the Carter and Sons hitch, looks interesting, but that would also raise my implements higher at the lowest point of the arms. Might be ok for the snow blower, but the tiller would be an issue.

The tiller PTO shaft is extremely short, I'd say that each side is only 5 or 6 inches.

I'm thinking about getting a PTO shaft extender.... Pto Adapter 1-3/8

/ Pat's Quick Hitch on GC1725M
Did some more research here, people saying they are using the same extender I found with the pat's quick hitch for years and that was some time ago. We'll see what happens. Snow blower is easy to put on without the QH, but that tiller is going to kill me if I don't do something.

/ Pat's Quick Hitch on GC1725M #8  
I have been using Pat's since shortly after purchasing my GC2300 ~20 years ago. Luckily my rear mower shaft had not been shortened and worked fine.
I also bought a Woods tiller and it works fine.

Recently I purchased a GC1725 and immediately bought Pat's for it. I did end up purchasing a longer top link though.

My biggest issue is the spreader. I am on number 4 (one I made out of an extra top link I had laying around). With my rear finish mower, the connect pins swing on an arm and on lifting (as I have stupidly done more than once), this allows the spreader to come in contact with the pto shaft at which point the spreader bends (or breaks). I have implements with different measurements between the lift pins and Pat's works best for me. I looked at others and they seem to have a fixed width.

/ Pat's Quick Hitch on GC1725M #9  
I run my spreader up from under vs down from top and the lock rings are zip tied to prevent loss, gives me just enough room so spreader does not contact anything. is close though.

/ Pat's Quick Hitch on GC1725M #10  
Carter and Sons website says they are out of stock for cat 0 and cat 1 hitches.