Pats quick hitch

/ Pats quick hitch #1  

aarolar

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota MX4800
I am considering this system for my MX4800 but I need some input on how it does with heavy ground engagement like a sub soiler and plow. I regularly push to the limits of my traction with loaded tires. Will it handle this level of use ok?

/ Pats quick hitch #2  
How many acres will you work?

Buy a Category II Pat's Quick Hitch if you must. I would consider Kubota's telescoping Lower Links and Pin Adjustable stabilizers before a Pat's. Personal preference only. You know your needs better than me.

Do you have DRAFT CONTROL as part of your MX4800 Three Point Hitch? Draft Control can be a savior of Subsoilers and Plows in tough soil, or soil with occasional boulders and/or >3" tree roots.

If you buy a Category II Subsoiler from Monroe Tufline or Dirt Dog, you will be fine. You will pretzel any Cat I Subsoiler and likely the QH.

Start subsoiling with your Top Link short. Extended, Top Link stress increases rapidly. I snapped a Top Link bolt recently because as a newbie subsoiler I did not realize this. A new Kubota Cat I Top Link was $202.

You can pull a three bottom 12" or 14" Moldboard Plow with either 2-WD or 4-WD. To pull a three bottom 16" Moldboard Plow you will need 4-WD, even with loaded tires.

In tough Georgia clay, consider a Monroe Tufline DISC PLOW or an old Ford/Dearborn Disc Plow. Disc Plows are NOT Disc Harrows. (Lots of videos on U-Tube.)

Should you buy a 16" Moldboard Plow you will need a Disc Harrow with at least 20", preferably 22" diameter pans and a weight of at least 1,000 pounds to knock down 16" furrows. Tufline, again, a top brand.

TDP2 Series 2 & 3 Blade Disc Plows | Tufline

Last edited:
   / Pats quick hitch #3  
I run a subsoiler and plow with a Pat's Easy Change (CAT II) without the slightest bit of trouble with a M7040 (70 HP). The limit of traction is reached despite "true" 4WD (limited slip in front and rear differential engaged) and weights up front. The soil is clay with rocks.

You should have no problem.

/ Pats quick hitch
I run a subsoiler and plow with a Pat's Easy Change (CAT II) without the slightest bit of trouble with a M7040 (70 HP). The limit of traction is reached despite "true" 4WD (limited slip in front and rear differential engaged) and weights up front. The soil is clay with rocks.

You should have no problem.
Good info there if it can handle a 70hp 4wd my little 50hp 2wd should be no issues. About how many acres have you worked thus far?

/ Pats quick hitch #5  
Don't sell your 50HP short. It is likely bigger than 95% of the tractors here on TBN.

Combined, the M7040 ground works about 80 acres per year. With the other various tasks done, it only adds up to a little over 100 hours/year. The other tractors (L48 TLB, BX2200) do their share as well.

Just a note: On your avatar signature, you may want to change your tractor's designation to a "MX4800". The "MX48pp" just might confuse a few folks! :laughing: (I know the "p" is very close to the "0" on the keyboard.)

/ Pats quick hitch
Don't sell your 50HP short. It is likely bigger than 95% of the tractors here on TBN.

Combined, the M7040 ground works about 80 acres per year. With the other various tasks done, it only adds up to a little over 100 hours/year. The other tractors (L48 TLB, BX2200) do their share as well.

Just a note: On your avatar signature, you may want to change your tractor's designation to a "MX4800". The "MX48pp" just might confuse a few folks! :laughing: (I know the "p" is very close to the "0" on the keyboard.)

Yes that was said tongue in cheek. I've been meaning to change that out for some time now just keep forgetting.

/ Pats quick hitch
Pats came in yesterday and I am in love I can't imagine why I waited so long to purchase these things. Pulled the fire breaks right away with no issues then this afternoon I did a ton of blade work using this behomuth blade and never skipped a beat.

20161230_144324.jpg

/ Pats quick hitch #8  
Pats came in yesterday and I am in love I can't imagine why I waited so long to purchase these things. Pulled the fire breaks right away with no issues then this afternoon I did a ton of blade work using this behomuth blade and never skipped a beat.

View attachment 493267

I don't see any pat's in the picture. :detective:

/ Pats quick hitch #10  

Hey there they are, lol. I can't blame you for wanting them, after I changed a few implements I said heck with that noise and I bought a quick hitch. So why did you decide to go with Pat's instead of a QH, was it because you have older implements. I was looking at both of them trying to decide myself.