Pequea CX550 chipper

/ Pequea CX550 chipper #1  

Storm56

Platinum Member
Tractor
N/A
One of these are listed in the local paper for $1500. Ad does not state condition. So before I call does anyone here on the forum have any experience with this unit? Any idea of what new price would be and if this is a good used price, pending condition of course? Any good or bad comments? Thanks in advance for any input.

/ Pequea CX550 chipper #2  
Never heard anything bad about Pequea chippers. That CX550 is rated for 35+ PTO HP, so it ought to be a good match for you tractor.
$1500 is a good price for a quality built chipper. I wouldn't wait too long to call and take a look at it. Have the money with you....if it turns out the chipper isn't what you want, the money can stay in your pocket.
BTW, when you call, suggest you ask the owner to have it hooked up to his tractor so you can try it out (throw a few branches in your truck).

Good luck!

/ Pequea CX550 chipper
Did some checking, these are $2995 new. Owner also said that was what he paid. It was used probably about 10-12 hours. He bought it because his son got a new home and needed some brush cleaned up. It was garage kept and looks like new, got it for $1350.

Attachments

• IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    705.8 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    678.9 KB · Views: 315
   / Pequea CX550 chipper #4  
Did some checking, these are $2995 new. Owner also said that was what he paid. It was used probably about 10-12 hours. He bought it because his son got a new home and needed some brush cleaned up. It was garage kept and looks like new, got it for $1350.

Good deal!!!!!
Enjoy it and, most importantly, be safe!!!

/ Pequea CX550 chipper
Put this to work today for the first time. Checked the knives and anvil adjustment prior to running and greased all the lube points. Seems to work very well, not hard to run. There is a small learning curve, but overall it made short work of a batch of small trees I cut in August. Think I will keep it!

/ Pequea CX550 chipper #6  
Good deal... I got a Bush Hog chipper/shredder in that same condition for $1500... was happy to pay what he asked... paint was very good, looked like he used it for an hour or so :)