Photos of your garages/shops and what is in them!

/ Photos of your garages/shops and what is in them! #81  
This is a pic of my cluttered mancave. I am playing with a small model diesel motor I restored. (57 year old Webra) It runs well. I love the old diesel motors.

View attachment 648694

Thanks for the pic!!!! A good friend of mine was really into those little motors 20 years ago but he kinda drifted away from it. They are amazing to me that they'll even run!!!

/ Photos of your garages/shops and what is in them! #82  
I actually did a little vid of me firing it up for my brother that now lives in the Ukraine. We were best flying buddies for many years and I miss those times.
I haven't made a fuel tank yet and I have to source the correct plastic fuel tubing hose to give it a good run.

YouTube

/ Photos of your garages/shops and what is in them! #83  
Diesel or Glow? 2LaneCruiser. I have built on and off since I was a kid. U control, freeflight and Radio Control. As in my photo you can see 3 drones that I built. Fully Autonomous. I fly over the property every now and then to check things and if there is smoke around I send up the drone to see whats going on.
I would love to know what motors you have if you come across them. I am starting a collection and have 2 OS Pets coming soon. They are around 50 years old now.
That bottle of Kambucha is actually my bottle of diesel fuel I mixed up. LOL
Cheers

They were glow plug engines; burned the Nitromethane/alcohol.castor oil or ether, what ever that was. Took a battery to start them as I recall. It's been about 60 years ago. Is there an Elto engine? I still have them someplace; I'll look tomorrow and see what I can find.

After looking a bit, I'm pretty sure one was a Cox .049. I'm pretty sure "Elto" is incorrect also; that was an old motorboat motor.

/ Photos of your garages/shops and what is in them! #84  
.049 motors were used in lots of UControl models. I haven't heard of model Elto motors, only boat motors. (outboard). I'm interested to hear if you find them. I never had a .049 myself. I know you had to replace the head if you burned a plug out so a lot of folk drilled and tapped the heads to take a replaceable plug. :)
Mine use 30% ether, 30% castor and 30% kerosene.
Maybe yours was and Elfin or more likely an Enya?

/ Photos of your garages/shops and what is in them! #85  

Attachments

• P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 86
  • P1010078.JPG
    P1010078.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 83
  • BT8.JPG
    BT8.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 86
  • P9190023.JPG