Picked up a GR2120

/ Picked up a GR2120 #1  

marchanna

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DS4110, Kubota GR2120
Took delivery of a new GR2120 today. I christened it by blowing 15cm of snow from two lots. It’s quite the snow assassin!

So far, I’m quite pleased with it.

IMG_2455.JPG

/ Picked up a GR2120 #2  
Nice looking machine marchanna! I'm considering one now as a grass mower for our fairly steep lawn.

/ Picked up a GR2120
Thanks. I did take it for a ride around the property, and it went up the hills like they were nothing. Mind you there wasn’t a mower running, but I did have it loaded down with the blower and rear weights.

/ Picked up a GR2120
Mowed a couple acres today. Went through some heavy soggy grass, which slowed it down a lot, but other than that, lots of power even in the steep inclines.

/ Picked up a GR2120 #5  
Did you get the model they're calling the GR2120-2? I've read there's some big improvements over the older ones mainly including the replacement of the cable steering system with rods instead of cables.

/ Picked up a GR2120
Yup, that’s the one I got. Mine’s a brand new 2018. I think the key thing is they switched to bearings instead of bushings in parts of the drivetrain.

So far, it has plenty of grunt. It handles deep, heavy wet and icy snow very well. it also handles tall wet grass well. Yes, oddly enough I was able to test it in both conditions inside one week.

/ Picked up a GR2120 #7  
Very nice! I have had mine since 2013 and pleased with performance of snowblower and mower. Philip.

/ Picked up a GR2120
Thanks. It’s a pretty powerful little machine. I can mow up steep inclines with ease. The only limiting factor seems to be traction - in one spot I normally don’t mow because it’s about 45-degree incline, I drove it up (with the mower off) just to see if it could do it. The wheels spun a little, but I made it.