Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage

/ Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage #11  
@Newblue -
the dealer said the cylinder is not available any more so they are looking into getting the cylinder rechromed.

Well sort of true.... the original part number is SBA344952870 is listed as being discontinued but the substitute replacement cylinder (part # SBA344952871) is definitely available. Granted it is not cheap but that is their issue... There is definitely a replacement cylinder readily available for your machine... They were used an a ton of machines.

Even just the replacement cylinder Rod is available (part # SBA344960451)

IMHO I think they should be replacing the cylinder with a complete new unit (part# SBA344952871) as all damage & liability is on the dealer.

However... If you are going to allow them to have yours re-chromed (or install a new cylinder Rod) I would make sure they are rebuilding the entire cylinder new O-rings, bushing & seals (there is a cylinder repair kit available that has all of the part.. I don't have that part number handy but there is one)...

Oh, and make sure they are going to warranty their work...

/ Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage
Is this the Supersteer right side cylinder dlctcg?

/ Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage #13  
@ Newblue

I believe it is... but I didn't know yours had Supersteer...

Here was I found for a TC45DA w/ Supersteer & FWD....

TC45DA Front Axle / Steering

TC45DA Supersteer / FWD Page Should be Part #23 on the list

TC45DA Steering Cylinder Page You will see is state Discontinued - then below it list "Substitute Part Number SBA344952871" If you click on that it will take you to Substitute Cylinder Page

You can confirm this on both the Partspring links above or on the Messick's site but I'm pretty sure it the correct part & either Partspring or Messick's list it ready to ship...

Hope this helps...

My cylinder looks different than those in the links. It has shorter ports on top and an extra port on the side. I appreciate the effort though!
240603897_1272488653236302_1155720911286162181_n.jpg

Talked to Messicks and cylinder SBA344952751 is on nationwide backorder. Called the local New Holland Dealer to see what they are going to do. Service lady said the owner is supposed to call me this afternoon. We will see.

Received no call yesterday afternoon. Called back this morning and talked to the lady in the servive department again and was told the owner would call me today.

After I called back again this afternoon I finally got ahold of the owner. He said that his techs that would have worked on that would not have done that. After back and forth he wanted me to pay part of the repair. After I said it happened at your shop he agreed to replace the part only if I never brought the tractor back to their dealership, and someone else replaces the part. They are only going to pay for the part and no labor. I am livid.

/ Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage #20  
That has to be the worst response I have ever heard of from a owner of a company. I would take him up on that of and tell him to send me the parts.

Now, that said, I would not even waist the time to change the cylinder but would put the new one on the shelf for later issues. That damage is not causing any problems or leaks at all. I know it is frustrating because it should not have happened but it will still function just fine.