pickup truck size

/ pickup truck size #331  
I buddy of mine is a auto body guy. His friend picked up a near new car from Florida and brought it over to show him. After looking at it a while he asked "you know the windshield columns are rusted out, correct?". There was no fixing of them, it was a total rust and he had wasted $$$.

Arly, no hurricanes here either A.

I bought a 2005 truck from Florida. The sun hasn’t been kind, the clear coat is peeling in the hood and the dash is faded pretty bad but there’s zero rust.

/ pickup truck size #332  
I was going to head south last year, as indicated in the "...6.0 diesel" thread which was recently resurrected. The global virus changed that plan...

/ pickup truck size #333  
There is a dealer in Roanoke, that does JUST the opposite
He goes north, buys rust buckets, and just puts them on the lot.

The "southerners" never even think to look for rust,, this is the south,,
The car is cheap,, they buy it.

He moves dozens of cars every week in that condition,,
I remember the first time I drove past the lot, and saw the rusty cars, that were not that old,,
AND, the price is so low,, you just gotta buy it,,,

I avoid that lot like the plague,, the vehicle seems to look nice,,,,,,,,,,,, o_O
I can just see this now....

Someone from up north buys a truck down south to get a rust free truck and the truck is actually a rust bucket from up north. 😫😫😫

This could be a whole new chapter in "What Goes Around Comes Around"

/ pickup truck size #334  
Nowadays, it usually pays to get the carfax. Not foolproof, but you will have a much better idea of where the car has been.

/ pickup truck size #335  
Nowadays, it usually pays to get the carfax. Not foolproof, but you will have a much better idea of where the car has been.

The only vehicle I’ve bought from a dealer was still titled to the previous owner and the dealer just transferred it. Maybe it would pay to at least glance under the vehicle. My dad has a van that came from Arizona. It’s 16 years old and immaculate underneath. I put brakes on it and every bolt came out. Even the stupid torx head ones that always bust bits. What a joy to work on.

/ pickup truck size #336  
The only vehicle I’ve bought from a dealer was still titled to the previous owner and the dealer just transferred it. Maybe it would pay to at least glance under the vehicle. My dad has a van that came from Arizona. It’s 16 years old and immaculate underneath. I put brakes on it and every bolt came out. Even the stupid torx head ones that always bust bits. What a joy to work on.
I crawled around under the last two pickups I bought and they both looked solid. After one winter in the crap they are putting on our roads now, the rust was coming off the frame in flakes.

/ pickup truck size #337  
I fixed that problem and moved to Texas. If it sounds like snow, everyone in the city goes to the grocery and buys everything. Then they hunker down and wait for the blizzard. After a light dusting, they cancel all non-emergency activities and wait. TXDOT drives around spreading water on the roads to prevent icing. Plows are apparently illegal for Txdot. Fortunately, global warming comes and melts the white stuff before anyone dies of starvation. Then, people get together and tell stories about how they survived snowmageddon and make "I survived winter 202x" t-shirts and hot chocolate. To be fair this is in the DFW area. The panhandle gets real snow at times and I have heard stories of bootleg snowplows roaming the highways. But it is all worth it because we don't have to shovel or blow snow and our cars are rust free...unless you live on the Gulf Coast. The End.

/ pickup truck size #338  
Long ago I was considering a used truck "from Florida". Carfax said it lived its whole life on the Atlantic Ocean side. Relatively new truck, underside was bright orange rust.

/ pickup truck size #339  
I fixed that problem and moved to Texas. If it sounds like snow, everyone in the city goes to the grocery and buys everything. Then they hunker down and wait for the blizzard. After a light dusting, they cancel all non-emergency activities and wait. TXDOT drives around spreading water on the roads to prevent icing. Plows are apparently illegal for Txdot. Fortunately, global warming comes and melts the white stuff before anyone dies of starvation. Then, people get together and tell stories about how they survived snowmageddon and make "I survived winter 202x" t-shirts and hot chocolate. To be fair this is in the DFW area. The panhandle gets real snow at times and I have heard stories of bootleg snowplows roaming the highways. But it is all worth it because we don't have to shovel or blow snow and our cars are rust free...unless you live on the Gulf Coast. The End.
That sounds boring. A winter without snow is like breakfast without orange juice.

/ pickup truck size #340  
I 'was' looking around for a cheap commuter car until after the chip issues on new cars dies down. I found a suburu with 121k on it and looked near new. Carfax's last known report was 371,000 miles. I did some digging to find how easy it is to alter a odometer. I thought those days were gone. Now, like tractors, people are bringing out crap because of the car shortage. New car dealers will ship off the new cars to other areas where no one would think to look for flood damage. I decided to just run up the miles on what I have unless I find someone I know is selling their vehicle and buy a Ranger next year with a tow package (7,500 lbs - not perfect but I can flat tow it behind the motorhome.)