pickup truck size

/ pickup truck size #152  
I had one of those back in the day. 10 mpg and a finicky carburetor that didn’t like winter mornings. Also, a mechanical distributor with points that needed replaced and tuned up every 15k miles. The good old days weren’t as good as some remember them.
Me too...but mine was a GMC 2wd. And geared so high that one time I put a big load of firewood in it and had to unload half the load because with the gearing it didn't have enough power to pull out of the hollow where I was cutting wood. Stupid me then bought a '76 GMC and for years had to go through the points/plugs routine, only I did it every 10000 miles.

So I just love my 2016 F150...50,000+ miles on it now and never done anything to it but change the oil and rotate the tires. I got better things to do with my time...now that I'm old and my time here is short.

/ pickup truck size #153  
Yeah, I feel that obsession of general public with full size trucks (the ones that not using them for farming, construction, etc. duties) is rediculous.
Yes, people fell more secure, but to a point they think they are king of the road and "I am bigger thus more important than you and I'll push you of the road!"
And how not easy to park them and navigate on city streets.
Saying this, I have diesel Kia Bongo (170 hp) 4wd, but I have business, mountain farm and 4 dogs. It's size corresponde to midsize truck IMG_20201118_170156_147.jpgIMG_20200310_122234.jpg

/ pickup truck size #154  
All my pickups over the years have had an 8' bed (why have a pickup any other way??).

'91 C10 4.3L 2wd 5spd manual reg cab. Scotsdale?? (While in Santa Clara CA.)
'97 F250 7.3L 4x4 5spd manual Extended cab. XLT (Buda, TX)
'02 F250 7.3L 4x4 6spd manual Extended cab. XLT (Buda, TX)
'06 F350 6.0L 4x4 Auto CrewCab XLT. (Wylie, TX)
'19 F350 6.7L 4x4 Auto CrewCab Lariat Ultimate (Close to a Platinum trim). (Wylie, TX)

Each one was way better than the one before it. The '19 is the nicest and fanciest truck I have (and probably ever will) own. It rides so nice empty or loaded, just squats more than the '06 due to softer springs (so more people wouldn't complain I suppose ). It has plenty of power and tows the 15K Toy hauler with ease and confidence. So many features that make it a dream to drive and it does get better mpg's than the '06 empty and slightly better when towing the same trailers.
I settled for a 6.5 ft bed, because $2500 Cdn. Haven't needed to replace it yet :)

/ pickup truck size #155  
   / pickup truck size #156  
Yeah, I feel that obsession of general public with full size trucks (the ones that not using them for farming, construction, etc. duties) is rediculous.
Yes, people fell more secure, but to a point they think they are king of the road and "I am bigger thus more important than you and I'll push you of the road!"
And how not easy to park them and navigate on city streets.
Saying this, I have diesel Kia Bongo (170 hp) 4wd, but I have business, mountain farm and 4 dogs. It's size corresponde to midsize truckView attachment 702206View attachment 702207
I really worry about Taiwan.

/ pickup truck size #157  
I have a full-sized 2016 GMC truck, there were two 4 door models in that year, I got the smaller of the two cabs which gave me slightly more box space. I was actually going to go with an SUV and use my utility trailer for hauling stuff but my wife really wanted us to get a truck so she talked me into it... twist my rubber arm ;-) . I was driving a 2009 Ford Ranger V6 up until that point and my full sized truck gets better fuel economy than the Ranger. Personally I like the features in the truck, it's nice having Internet and some of the other bells and whistles. Also with the front console flipped up it seats 6 people. When we visit our sons, we can fit them and their significant others all in the truck and take one vehicle. The cons are that it is big and it takes a little getting used to at first when it comes to parking in tight spaces. As far as the trucks getting bigger, they have only grown about 3" wider since the 1970's, so if you split that on the road, the new trucks would only be 1.5" closer to the center line on the road, which to me doesn't seem like that big of a difference. Overall I am glad I got the full sized truck.

/ pickup truck size #158  
I think when some people say they got “bigger”, they aren’t referring as much to the length x width as much as they are referring to the height and stance of them.
Todays trucks look like yesterday’s trucks with lift kits and wheel spacers for wider stances.

/ pickup truck size #159  
I'm excited that the new Toyota Tundra will finally compete with the big 3... from what I've heard it will be a game changer. We'll find out very soon... hopefully I won't be disappointed.

/ pickup truck size #160  
My wife has a newer fully loaded mid size SUV with all kinds of options doesn't even have a key. Using it once the Windows were fogged tried to open the door to back it up damn car wouldn't stay in gear as soon as you open the door it goes into park. You drive at night the lights will dim for you,
out of habit I end up accidentally brighting everyone. when it rains the wipers turn on automatically and I accidentally always shut them off when I need them, the car will brake automatically if a cars in front of you, shakes like you have a flat tire when you get to close to the shoulder. I won't even get into all the four letter words I will say talking about syncing cell phones in it I hate that car with a passion and fear the day I need to replace my 2500, she loves her car and all the crazy conveniences for some. What the hell happened to actually driving a car? My Rants over
Was it a Toyota 4Runner?