Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,831  
Well I'm going to disagree,
I have a 10 ft back blade,
a 8 ft SSQA blade to mount onthe FEL,
and of course the bucket.
I also have a truck with an 8 ft Fisher blade.
Depending on the storm and the condition of the driveway will decide what I use.
If the driveway is soft and it's just 2-3 inches I will actually break out the York rake,
4 inches plus if the driveway is soft and thawed I'll use the blade on the FEL as I'll go slow and can see what the cutting edge is doing.
Once the driveway is froze hard, I'll use the back blade while driving forward to scrape it clean,
the back blade doesn't work good in the corners or to push across the road or into my turn off,
so I'll use the bucket or front blade to clean the corners and road crossing.
The front blade is a bit nicer then the bucket for that, but if I am going to need to sand I'll need the bucket to load with I'll leave it on.
So the nicest when the ground is set up is the 2 blade setup, the rear for the most the front for cleanup.
Also I use the blade or bucket when we get lots of snow to push the snow banks out of the way,
the blade is a bit faster for that.
My driveway seems to always be rough and I plow slow 3-6 mph.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,832  
I was able to clean up the 30cm/12" of snow we received on Wednesday. I am up to a whopping 20 hours of seat time on my machine since getting it delivered in November. The blower is a Canadian made Lucknow. I always enjoy others photos so here are a few from today. Our yard is a bed and breakfast for some neighbours! 266352220.jpegIMG_20190215_104504.jpeg2110162503.jpeg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,833  
I was able to clean up the 30cm/12" of snow we received on Wednesday. I am up to a whopping 20 hours of seat time on my machine since getting it delivered in November. The blower is a Canadian made Lucknow. I always enjoy others photos so here are a few from today. Our yard is a bed and breakfast for some neighbours!View attachment 591792View attachment 591793View attachment 591794

I like seeing other people’s snow gear also. A black LuckNow? Is that a recent change, or did you paint it?
I have a similar sized LuckNow, and it’s a beast.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,834  
I like seeing other people’s snow gear also. A black LuckNow? Is that a recent change, or did you paint it?
I have a similar sized LuckNow, and it’s a beast.
I purchased it used back in the fall - it's an S6H. It was like new when I grabbed it do it is not too old a model. The serial number leads me to believe it is a 2016 model. It has all it's original stickers on it and certainly looks like a factory paint job.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,835  
I actually find the bucket/blade combo works quite well for me. That Kioti has SSQA with both a bucket and blade. The blade was ok for the smaller drifts, but I swapped it for the bucket for the heavier stuff. I had been thinking about getting a blade for my tractor. However, now that I have used the fel mounted blade I don't think I will. If I spend money on another attachment it will be a larger snow bucket.
As for the 3 point blade, it's very nice! I use it as much as the front. At this point in the last 3 winters I'm at the point where my piles are full and I have to move the show farther away. Being able to push and pull at the same time makes the process much faster.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,836  
Can’t wait to get up there (to the cottage) tomorrow for the Family Day long weekend! There is also the Dorset Snowball, but I am most looking forward to attacking some 2 ft. of snow in the driveway, with the (rear) blower. No can, just me and mother nature! Will post pics. IMG_0540.JPG

Bertha - all ready set to go!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,837  
Can’t wait to get up there (to the cottage) tomorrow for the Family Day long weekend! There is also the Dorset Snowball, but I am most looking forward to attacking some 2 ft. of snow in the driveway, with the (rear) blower. No can, just me and mother nature! Will post pics. View attachment 591825

Bertha - all ready set to go!

Woah, auger and impeller on that blower look HUGE! Unless it’s an optical illusion based off the overall size.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,838  
Woah, auger and impeller on that blower look HUGE! Unless it’s an optical illusion based off the overall size.

No, it really is that big, and even though the tractor (BX25) has only 17.5 PTO HP, that blower will cut through anything. (It is a Kubota B2789, I believe.)

When I was shopping, I compared this one to the front-mount model, which was much, much less sturdy and cost over twice as much. I made a video of the comparison, and will post it if I can find it.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,839  
I purchased it used back in the fall - it's an S6H. It was like new when I grabbed it do it is not too old a model. The serial number leads me to believe it is a 2016 model. It has all it's original stickers on it and certainly looks like a factory paint job.

Out of curiosity I checked their www site, and some are now painted black. Kind of a useless observation on my part, but I’ve just never seen anything other than blue.
In any case, that is a quality blower that you have... You will get many years of reliable service.
Here’s mine after installing hydraulics:
IMG_2568.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2730.jpg
    IMG_2730.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 158
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #4,840  
No, it really is that big, and even though the tractor (BX25) has only 17.5 PTO HP, that blower will cut through anything. (It is a Kubota B2789, I believe.)

When I was shopping, I compared this one to the front-mount model, which was much, much less sturdy and cost over twice as much. I made a video of the comparison, and will post it if I can find it.

That’s awesome! The fan and auger are noticeably larger than my (very) old 6’ McKee Sno-lander!