Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,511  
Finally got a load of salted sand delivered today, mixed in another 500 pounds of salt, pushed the pile back and up and got it covered.
1 4 2023 pushing up sand 2.jpg

1 4 2023 sprinkling sugar (salt) .jpg

1 4 2023 covered and ready for use.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,512  
May as well do a little maintenance.
20230114_101109.jpg

There's certainly not been much snow to push.
New cutting edges, the old (bright) one illustrates the wear.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,513  
I now run old scrap pipes on all cutting edges of snow removal equipment I may start hard coating them to see if it will help with me having to replace them every few years.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,514  
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #6,515  
May as well do a little maintenance.View attachment 779179
There's certainly not been much snow to push.
New cutting edges, the old (bright) one illustrates the wear.

Might as well.

I've only plowed once this season. Yesterday I got to back drag after a couple three inches of snow followed by rain had drained a little and refrozen. We stayed off it while it was in the slushy stage and it came out good. Folks that had to go out have either a frozen mess or if they plowed an ice sheet now.

gg

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #6,516  
Yes Gordon it seems that there's a lot more "strategy" involved this year in something as simple as snowplowing.
I've also never had mud and frost depth involved in my plowing decisions... in January!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,517  
The snow pack is really light here in the Rockies. I'm in western WY at 6,000ft and it's warm. We usually get 4-5 settled feet of snow in the yard. Currently I have less than 1ft. Last year we only got about 16" of settled snow in the yard. If we don't get a few more feet it's going to be another rough summer of forest fires and poor crop turnout.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,518  
The snow pack is really light here in the Rockies. I'm in western WY at 6,000ft and it's warm. We usually get 4-5 settled feet of snow in the yard. Currently I have less than 1ft. Last year we only got about 16" of settled snow in the yard. If we don't get a few more feet it's going to be another rough summer of forest fires and poor crop turnout.
We've stayed with friends in Alta before. Our snowpack is low here on the south shore of Lake Superior.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,520  
Ayuh, only one snowfall thus far here in Maine that's required any cleanup, and that was before Christmas.

I suspect that if I complain some more, come February, we'll be buried. 🤣