Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,571  
Sorry, guys. This might be my fault. I bought some new hardware, and finally got my plow set up right last fall. That pretty much guaranteed we were going to get a warm winter with no real snow.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,572  
Sorry, guys. This might be my fault. I bought some new hardware, and finally got my plow set up right last fall. That pretty much guaranteed we were going to get a warm winter with no real snow.
You are to blame!! :)

I always look forward to a good snow so that I can use my snowblower. This year along with several others has been mildly disappointing.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,573  
Thank you, I thought it was MY fault for getting plows on the Suburban & both tractors.
The F250 & Silverado are set up & ready if something happens to the Suburban.
Along with getting the barn full of firewood.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,575  
Nope it’s my fault. Bought the new tractor, a plow, and a blower for it.

And then I also bought cross country skis and a season pass for downhill skiing at the local mountain.
Phew. You've cleared my good name!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,576  
Crazy winter here! No more normal. So far we've had very little snow and huge temp swings. A month or 2 ago the temps went from -37*C to +10*C within a few days and for the last few weeks the temps have been above normal, hanging around freezing. We get a little snow, then rain, freezing rain, a thaw and then back to cold. My driveway is still a sheet of ice, covered with a bit of snow. Thankfully I have all tractor wheels rigged with ice chains. Now the temps are -10*C with a bit of snow, then the next few days we are supposed to get up to +5*C with rain and then it will drop to -25*C. Wild winter, for sure.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,577  
Yeah Lou, I believe that my plowing is over, at least for my driveway. 4wd today with a couple inches of mud on top of frost.😫

Makes me glad, almost, that I have a good layer of ice. It will make plowing the next storm, maybe Tue/Wed 10", much easier than plowing in mud.

gg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,578  
Makes me glad, almost, that I have a good layer of ice. It will make plowing the next storm, maybe Tue/Wed 10", much easier than plowing in mud.

gg
Our coat of ice got covered by very cold dry snow. It did not stick to the ice. It just made it more slippery. Yuck. I did some 180's trying to go up a slight hill. Jon

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,579  
Our coat of ice got covered by very cold dry snow. It did not stick to the ice. It just made it more slippery. Yuck. I did some 180's trying to go up a slight hill. Jon

That is why I have these

P1190201.JPG

gg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,580  
It's on my "list" to get some good chains, at least for the rear. Maybe next year. It's a tossup as to whether the chains come first, or the snow pusher box. We'll see what happens this summer (jobs-wise).