Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,582  
Got my Bercomac blower and cab installed on my little TYM. Been a weird winter for us, not nearly as much snow only 150" so far this season. (355" last season). That has been a good thing for me. Delay in manufacturing and shipping, delay from a missing hydraulic motor that had to go to the dealer and then shipped up to me. Then my own ineptness installing the electric actuator for the deflector control. Fun stuff. Got to use it open station a few weeks back. Happy with the results, throws it as far as my little Honda does only twice as much. Forecast of snow on Thursday should let me test it out thoroughly.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 101
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    269.5 KB · Views: 100
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #6,583  
Got my Bercomac blower and cab installed on my little TYM. Been a weird winter for us, not nearly as much snow only 150" so far this season. (355" last season). That has been a good thing for me. Delay in manufacturing and shipping, delay from a missing hydraulic motor that had to go to the dealer and then shipped up to me. Then my own ineptness installing the electric actuator for the deflector control. Fun stuff. Got to use it open station a few weeks back. Happy with the results, throws it as far as my little Honda does only twice as much. Forecast of snow on Thursday should let me test it out thoroughly.

That's a solid little setup, Bercomac makes solid snow blowers.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,584  
It's on my "list" to get some good chains, at least for the rear. Maybe next year. It's a tossup as to whether the chains come first, or the snow pusher box. We'll see what happens this summer (jobs-wise).

Just my opinion, but I would prioritize chains over the snow pusher. I went from clearing with my bucket, to an 8' snow plow, to a 7' snow pusher. The snow pusher does the best job by far, but it also pushes the hardest by far. Much harder than pushing with the bucket. I've never tried using the snow pusher without tire chains, but I think traction would be a struggle with that much resistance.

In summary, I think you'll want tire chains if you're using a pusher box. If you can't get tire chains and a pusher box at the same time, get the chains first so you'll be prepared for the pusher box, instead of the other way around. Just my .02 cents.

I love my tire chains, they're a hassle to get on, and I typically have to adjust them once or twice throughout the season, but I wouldn't even attempt to clear a storm around here without them.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,585  
Just my opinion, but I would prioritize chains over the snow pusher. I went from clearing with my bucket, to an 8' snow plow, to a 7' snow pusher. The snow pusher does the best job by far, but it also pushes the hardest by far. Much harder than pushing with the bucket. I've never tried using the snow pusher without tire chains, but I think traction would be a struggle with that much resistance.

In summary, I think you'll want tire chains if you're using a pusher box. If you can't get tire chains and a pusher box at the same time, get the chains first so you'll be prepared for the pusher box, instead of the other way around. Just my .02 cents.

I love my tire chains, they're a hassle to get on, and I typically have to adjust them once or twice throughout the season, but I wouldn't even attempt to clear a storm around here without them.
If you have the storage room and some funds you can buy a second set of old used weather checked tires and rims put chains on them and change out the entire wheel every year.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,587  
Got 6" last night so I got to put the T254, Bercomac blower and cab into action this morning. Neighbors were impressed that I took their end of driveway stuff and threw it across the road into the wind. With the cab, the snow didn't end up in my face. It's not heated but you do get a little heat off the engine that takes the edge off the cold. Was pleasantly surprised that the plastic windows didn't ice up. They seem far enough away from my body where my breath doesn't end up on the plastic, plus there is plenty of ventilation. The blowing snow does not have direct access to you but you do get a little from underneath and from the vents in the sides of the top. So far I'm quite tickled with the setup, just need to fix the loose nut behind the steering wheel so that it gets more efficient.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,588  
It's good to see you're enjoying your new setup! What were you clearing snow with before? A walk behind I'm guessing? Night and day I'm sure!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,589  
It's good to see you're enjoying your new setup! What were you clearing snow with before? A walk behind I'm guessing? Night and day I'm sure!
Walk behinds past 35 years. A 1024 Ariens and HS928 Honda. Still kept the Honda for back up just in case. A snow like last night usually takes a bit over 2 hours to do with a walk behind. I have parking at the shop and the driveway at the house to do. Not a huge area. However at the shop I have to blow it North, into the wind 90% of the time, hence the cab. This morning it took about and hour and 15 minutes adding in the end of the neighbors driveway. I'm now learning what pattern will work most effieciently on clearing things and putting the snow where it fits best, hopefully will be able cut the time somewhat. I will go over to the church tomorrow to clean up what the plow truck can't clear out well. (Okay so I'm using it as an excuse to get out and have some more fun with this.)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,590  
Still reconfigure usually on the fly of best way to use my blower on hilly property up north. 2nd year with it. A snowblower attatchment even for an ATV definitely makes it a lot easier especially with limited space.

Last edited: