Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,681  
Unchained R4s aren't that good for winter traction, I believe unchained turf tires do much better.
Here's a previous discussion about R4's vs turfs in snow.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,683  
They turn into racing slicks

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,684  
Well, I removed what my friends refer to as my "***** slippers" and set them aside; cleaned up the bucket, and put the wear bar back on.

I expect at least a foot of snow over the weekend.

20230412_164858.jpg
Snapchat-1338084652.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,685  
Well, I removed what my friends refer to as my "***** slippers" and set them aside; cleaned up the bucket, and put the wear bar back on.

I expect at least a foot of snow over the weekend.

View attachment 795057
View attachment 795058
Yep, I surprised that we haven't been hit with a late season blizzard,
I dropped the chains of the Branson, they stay on the IH,
swapped out our studded snow tires for the summer tires on both vehicles last week and it hasn't snowed yet.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,688  
Won't be long now before collectors start looking for machines of this vintage, and that one is quite nice.
Thanks just bought it last fall for $3500 with 700hrs. Would never pay $20 or $30,000 for a tractor with a computer. I want it to run the way I want not the way the government thinks it should.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,690  
You know I have turf tires on my Kubota l-245dt and got chains with it and never had to put them on. I can go through over a foot of snow plowing and it doesn't slip at all.
Same here. I never chain up to plow, or really for any winter chore other than pulling a wagon or trailer through deep snow. The wagon axles tend to create enough drag in deep snow that I can get stuck with that, even in 4wd, if I don't chain up.

In our climate, we usually get enough melt and/or re-freeze that I can time my schedule of refilling the wood wagon between storms, when the snow is either hardpack or gone. This helps me avoid having to handle 41" tire chains, which seem to get heavier each year.