Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,681  
We finally got some respectable snow yesterday. I did my drive and several of the elderly neighbors IMG_20190120_145447644.jpegIMG_20190120_175533275.jpegIMG_20190120_175540575.jpegIMG_20190120_175659893.jpeg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,682  
That one seems to be DIY, but didn't someone market a light-duty plow for modern pseudo-SUVs a few years ago? Not sure how you raised/lowered the blade...there didn't seem to be any hydraulics on it. Haven't seen it advertised in a while, I'd imagine it did quite a number on those vehicles.

Winter here came early. We've had snow on the ground continuously since mid-November. Been colder than normal here too...don't usually get sub-zero temperatures until after Christmas, this year we had a spell in early Dec.
Southern part of the state, different story...ground was bare until a week or so ago.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,684  
9.jpg

11.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,685  
No pics out of sheer frustration. We got about 10”, probably 9.75” snow, .25” sleet on top. Started my machine at 10am yesterday, it all went south from there.

My PVC pipe on the plow cutting edge shattered, been meaning to replace with steel anyway. Moved some gravel around.

Plow setup moves around too much, need a better mounting system, this was a last resort deal anyway and it got the job done, just not easily.

Machine started running like crap, bogging down a LOT when using the 6’ McKee blower. I’m thinking plugs are shot. If I pull a wire and hold it away from the plug(s) it actually runs better.

Even with loaded tires, cast iron wheel weights, 500lb blower, and chains, this old 2wd MF35 has a rough time in the deep snow. Didn’t get stuck, but it sure a’int easy on hilly terrain!

I let the 35 idle down too far and it died on me, took a while to restart. That was frustrating with sleet blowing sideways.

Also, maybe for next winter I’ll build a beat-houser/can for it. I’m pretty sure that the two areas I needed the blower kinda went like this: snow on ground, snow through auger, snow through blower, snow through blower chute, snow directly in my face.

Haha, hope you guys can find some comfort in my frustrations! It can ALWAYS be worse! :)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,686  
No pics out of sheer frustration. We got about 10”, probably 9.75” snow, .25” sleet on top. Started my machine at 10am yesterday, it all went south from there.

My PVC pipe on the plow cutting edge shattered, been meaning to replace with steel anyway. Moved some gravel around.

Plow setup moves around too much, need a better mounting system, this was a last resort deal anyway and it got the job done, just not easily.

Machine started running like crap, bogging down a LOT when using the 6’ McKee blower. I’m thinking plugs are shot. If I pull a wire and hold it away from the plug(s) it actually runs better.

Even with loaded tires, cast iron wheel weights, 500lb blower, and chains, this old 2wd MF35 has a rough time in the deep snow. Didn’t get stuck, but it sure a’int easy on hilly terrain!

I let the 35 idle down too far and it died on me, took a while to restart. That was frustrating with sleet blowing sideways.

Also, maybe for next winter I’ll build a beat-houser/can for it. I’m pretty sure that the two areas I needed the blower kinda went like this: snow on ground, snow through auger, snow through blower, snow through blower chute, snow directly in my face.

Haha, hope you guys can find some comfort in my frustrations! It can ALWAYS be worse! :)
i remember the years of looking like a snowman after blowing the snow ..... thats why my better half told me to buy a cabbed tractor.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,687  
Yeah, been there and eaten enough snow over the years blowing snow without cab. Now I do in the comfort of my heated cab. My wife also suggested a cab after watching me get covered with blowing snow. Best investment I ever made.
While writing this message it is -24 C out there and about 9 inches of snow that needs to be cleared so I will be heading shortly and blow some snow :thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,688  
No pics out of sheer frustration. We got about 10? probably 9.75 snow, .25 sleet on top. Started my machine at 10am yesterday, it all went south from there.

Machine started running like crap, bogging down a LOT when using the 6 McKee blower. I知 thinking plugs are shot. If I pull a wire and hold it away from the plug(s) it actually runs better.

Even with loaded tires, cast iron wheel weights, 500lb blower, and chains, this old 2wd MF35 has a rough time in the deep snow. Didn稚 get stuck, but it sure a段nt easy on hilly terrain!

Also, maybe for next winter I値l build a beat-houser/can for it. I知 pretty sure that the two areas I needed the blower kinda went like this: snow on ground, snow through auger, snow through blower, snow through blower chute, snow directly in my face.

I feel for you! It's been a frustrating 4 year process for me to get the solution that works best as well. PVC on the bucket kept cracking. Rear blade was a pain having to twist around to use, and the tractor seems to have less power in reverse to push snow. I tried a rubber mat on the cutting edge to save the lawn and contour to the sagging asphalt, but that seemed to add friction making it harder to push. Then I put the blade on the loader via the SSQA. I had more power, could face forward, and lift it higher than the 3pt allowed. Unfortunately without a trip edge it would catch a lip on the sidewalk and cracked welds twice. Then I found a 4ft ATV blade with trip edge on Letgo for $200. I thought that was my final setup, but this storm was too much for it. It was too light, and kept riding up over the snow instead of pushing it. So then I was forced to go back to a light material bucket I picked up a couple years ago. It's about 400 lbs so it doesn't ride up, and 5ft wide so it scoops up more than the OEM 4ft bucket. After this storm I'm seriously considering getting a front or rear mount blower. Seeing so many others with a blade or pusher of some sort on the front with a rear blower makes me nearly ready to drop the cash for one. The most frustrating part is the sidewalk up front, especially if I help the neighbors who also struggle with the wet, heavy snow from the plows. No room to turn and the concrete doesn't provide a lot traction to the R4's. Here's a short video of that BS. Between the 3 houses there's probably 200ft.

GC26�� light material bucket moving snow - YouTube

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,689  
I have watched your video and I think a front or rear mounted blower would work better for you in this situation.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,690  
I have watched your video and I think a front or rear mounted blower would work better for you in this situation.

I'm inclined to believe that now as well. I just hate thinking about how I basically traded my 2yr old $800 cub cadet snowblower for a $14k tractor just to end up buying a $3k snowblower. :mur: As much as I hate facing the rear, I'm thinking a 3pt snowblower would be best as it'll leave the loader on if I need to use a blade or bucket, and I don't have to find a place to store it all winter.