Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,701  
Enough snow to put the wing on today.. works great.. safer to stay away from the ditch drop-off and knock the berm off for a shelf when snow blows.. temps to drop to -18F tomorrow, with high winds.. I may just go out into that field and plow a berm up to help stop some of that blowing snow coming onto the road. Acts as a pretty good snow fence.

Love the Wing. I could use one for the same reason as you.. I need to push back but I have dropoffs. Is that a Deere Wing or some aftermarket?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,702  
Naaaaaa.... this is a snow weapon

sleigh2019.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,704  
Ya, hes been rode hard and put away wet too many times.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,705  
The 1620 is patiently waiting for the blizzard to end for driveway duty. Heated cab and front blower are an absolute godsend when dealing with a 12+" of powder.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,706  
The 1620 is patiently waiting for the blizzard to end for driveway duty. Heated cab and front blower are an absolute godsend when dealing with a 12+" of powder.

Looks like I see a lot of hydraulic lines. Is the Auger and impeller off your hydraulics and the Shoot is electric? If so, how many GPM is your hydraulics to run the blower?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,707  
Love the Wing. I could use one for the same reason as you.. I need to push back but I have dropoffs. Is that a Deere Wing or some aftermarket?

Tony H
Hand made... all from scratch except for the trailer hitch and ball used from junk pile. Have build pics here in TBN somewhere.. but have a youtube of the first trial run.. hoping to get another (better) one this week after the -27 deg couple days coming.. have a GoPro that I plan to try.
Deere 43 Wing plow - YouTube

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,708  
Looks like I see a lot of hydraulic lines. Is the Auger and impeller off your hydraulics and the Shoot is electric? If so, how many GPM is your hydraulics to run the blower?
No, auger is driven by mid pto. Hydraulics currently only turn chute and lift blower off the ground. I have a linear actuator for chute angle, but I just ordered a 1"x6" hydraulic cylinder from surplus center to put in its place. The linear actuator was ip66 reated and is only 4 months old, but it only seems to work about 40% of the time in the cold now. Since electric hasn't proved reliable, I'll use the extra pair of remotes at the rear I have for the chute angle cylinder. That will let me run some long 1/4" lines up to the front for the new chute angle cylinder and toss this moody linear actuator.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,710  
Hello from Massachusetts. I love looking at all the pictures posted and wanted to add one. My wife has named the machine "Little Boy" and it is the first tractor I have owned. It blows the snow from my driveway in the winter and mows my lawn in the summer so it is always working. It is a Kubota B76 and when I take the doors off in summer and mow the lawn, I feel like I am sailing.

Attachments

• Kubota1.JPG
    Kubota1.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 230