Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,171  
20201218_113045.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,173  

I like old Gal,,,,,, I mean Gehl :laughing:
They were (are) beasts

I had a pusher box on my NH backhoe back when we were doing corporate centers and a guy had one for sale that was like 110HP or some unreal number. It was a skiddy on ‘roids....

Would you do better with chains on rear tires since any type of down pressure will lift fronts? Or is the PB heavy enough to keep the fronts planted?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,174  
Lou,

I am in Stephentown NY long driveway ( 1100-1300 ') gentle rise to the house. I have a 59" front snow blower on my JD and a 7' scraper blade on the back. I would love to get away from sanding by hand from the back of my truck. Any thoughts ? Suggestions ?

thanks

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,175  
Lou,

I am in Stephentown NY long driveway ( 1100-1300 ') gentle rise to the house. I have a 59" front snow blower on my JD and a 7' scraper blade on the back. I would love to get away from sanding by hand from the back of my truck. Any thoughts ? Suggestions ?

thanks

Your not to far from me.
What I have used for many years have been the pickup sized sanders.
My first one I bought cheap and spent a lot of time and material repairing,
had to rebuild the entire drive and spinner box, new bearings and shafts, new apron chain and wear plate.
My second one I used on a truck for several years and this year I mounted it to a trailer.

Mine are too large for your tractor and would be a pain to fill by hand, assuming no loader with a front mount blower.
I would think your best options would be the truck receiver mount sanders they can be found with agitators to handle sand.
Do you get your sand from the town pile?
Do you have a truck that could handle one of them?
Snow ex has a good line of spreaders, most of theirs don't work the best with sand or even heavy sand salt mixes.
Meyer has the Elite line for utv's that could be trailer mounted or in a small pickup.
Insert Hopper Spreaders | Salt Spreaders | Meyer
Many of the small ones can't handle straight or mostly sand.
Also they can't be filled and left for a couple of days or the wet sand will freeze into a big solid chunk.
If you have a sand pile the tailgate series could be mounted to a 3 point rig.
This is an interesting tow behind rig, might need chains for the drive wheels;
Sand & Gravel Spreader | Iron Baltic

I sanded out of the back of a pickup for a few years,
go down to the highway shed and shovel it on,
drive home and start shovel sanding,
sometimes I'd have one of my daughters drive the truck while I slung to sand out.
Some times that could be a rough ride.

Sorry I don't have any better ideas but not knowing your equipment and budget it's hard to recommend much,
good luck.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,176  
Thanks the Iron Baltic is not something I had seen before. I am watching for a tailgate / utv mount sander maybe it the Spring ?

I get sand from the town barn and shovel in then shovel out....gets old but necessary.

Thanks again.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,177  
That is were I got mine from till I started using the full sized sander then I started using too much and I was on the Town Board and it didn't seem like a good idea to keep getting the sand from the town. I get a tri axle load about every other year of sand salt mix and try and keep it tarped and the dang deer off it.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,178  
If you have a sand pile the tailgate series could be mounted to a 3 point rig.

They make dedicated 3PH mounted spreaders too:
Herd Kasco Model 75?S 3-Point Wet Sand and Salt Spreader 12?? lb. Capacity
Pretty pricey, but probably no more then most PTO driven implements. Salt, unless bought in bulk, would be pretty expensive too.
Just make sure which ever one you decide on, you rinse it out thoroughly after the winter season!! Even with the plastic hoppers, there's still enough metal parts to corrode

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,179  
That is nice compact sander, I like the fact that they rate it to handle wet sand.
As soon as you mix salt into the sand it starts to suck in moisture.
Yes they do require maintenance, I wash my stainless steel unit out good then get out the used motor oil
and give the apron chain a good bath in it.
As well as greasing it a few times each season and at the end of the season.
Salt even in bulk is pricey, salted sand is also my last load was around $5 or $600.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,180  
2016- 2025R w/5' Frontier blade: HPIM3143.JPG HPIM3142.JPG