Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,321  
Sorry, but i dont see how that tire would eliminate chains in ice.
Oh there's no substitute for chains 👍, my traction comments were not very clear, I was talking about not noticing a difference in the dirt.
I think that in the snow alone this tread is better than a R1 ag. but there's only one answer for ice imho, and that's the "mechanical" connection that chains and to a lesser extent, studs can provide.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,322  
Surprisingly for a 5' wide Chinese made blower this things been pretty durable for about 20 hrs in the UP, always starts still on original shear pins, blows snow 30' but it is really slow going anything over a foot. Vbar tire chains and extra weight in the rear make a huge difference.

Attachments

• KIMG0766.JPG
    KIMG0766.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 225
  • KIMG0770.JPG
    KIMG0770.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 242
  • KIMG0765.JPG
    KIMG0765.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 192
  • KIMG0769.JPG
    KIMG0769.JPG
    982.2 KB · Views: 191
  • KIMG0772.JPG
    KIMG0772.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 182
  • KIMG0773.JPG
    KIMG0773.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 224
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #6,323  
Haven't got much snow yet this year but clearing off my 1/4 mile long blacktop lane gets the Sun on it and really accelerates melting. The poly edge is new for this year. Chatters on the dry pavement but behaves nicely once loaded. Still learning with it.

View attachment 727615

View attachment 727616

The Rhino 5006 handles ~%80 of the snow work anymore. Super handy for those common 'nuisance' snows. Use the offset boom throughout the season to keep the lane from magically 'narrowing' like it always does somehow ;<)
nice setup dadohead....looking for a poly edge myself....where did you find a good place to get one? I have a rubber edge now on my 60" plow but its not wearing good...that chatters on dry pavement too.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,326  
Cat Fever

Great property and vistas you have are amazing, and glad to see the "last barn" is complete!

I think "Big Barn" here has some competition on the biggest barn :)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,327  
Surprisingly for a 5' wide Chinese made blower this things been pretty durable for about 20 hrs in the UP,

Nice setup - Do you have a link or info on these 5' powered blowers, and rough cost?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,328  
Nice setup - Do you have a link or info on these 5' powered blowers, and rough cost?
It's a mossimo I believe the price has went up significantly like everything else since last year when I got it. I did have to modify the supplied mounting plate and It had a plastic cover over the top but it broke off I don't see a need for it anyway as it hinders access to the fuel cap and dipstick unless you have tiny hands.

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #6,330  
Let me put it this way if it was 3k
back then I'd probably spend more and get a more reputable brand. The auger frame is pretty heavy gauge steel, the motor is good but a little underpowered, the electric powered chute is a great feature. The only problems I've had with it so far were cosmetic and ergonomic issues. Electric start is nice and I wired it into my 2 prong trickle charger harness off the atv battery. I drilled and
tapped in a few grease fittings where I thought they should have some. Also The instructions they send you are garbage. Out of habit I drained the oil and put a synthetic blend in it when it was new. I also was going to change the gear box with synthetic lube but it was packed full with grease. I think if it's going to have a major failure somewhere the aluminum gear box will be it. And if I stored it outside I'd probably repair and remount the plastic cover but it isn't. For a little over 2k it was worth it for me anyway especially if it lasts a couple winters. Which would be the cost of hiring out to keep my cabin drive plowed for a few years. Plus I actually enjoy plowing/blowing snow.